- SOUTHEASTERN COACHES CARAVAN: 6 p.m., The Lakehouse, 2025 Lakeshore Drive, Mandeville. Complimentary refreshments and a cash bar. Door prizes and promotional items. $5; free, Alumni Association members. (985) 549-2150.
- PUTTING ON THE RITZ: 6:30 p.m., The Opera Guild Home, 2504 Prytania St., New Orleans. The Junior Committee of the Women’s Guild of the New Orleans Opera Association’s Roaring 20’s Summer Party. With drinks, dancing, costumes and fun. $25, members; $35, non-members; $40, door. www.eventbrite.com or (504) 529-2278, ext. 227 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COLUMBIA STREET BLOCK PARTY: 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Columbia Street, downtown Covington. Classic car show and live music. Free. covla.com.
- MID-SUMMER SMALL SHIP MERRIMENT AND FUNDRAISER: 7 p.m., The Irish House, 1432 St Charles Ave., New Orleans. Join the New Orleans Maritime Heritage Foundation for an evening of maritime merriment with raffles, mini-boat building, sea-inspired costumes and the musical talents of the NO Quarter Shantey Krewe, the Siren Sisters and The Muff-A-Lottas. All proceeds will go toward NOMHF’s historic small ship building project. Suggested $10 donation at the door. (504) 352-8521. http://www.theirishhouseneworleans.com.
- MOONLIGHT HIKE AND SNOW AND ICE: 8 p.m., Northlake Nature Center, 23135 La. 190, Mandeville. A one-mile stroll through the site under the moonlight with snowball treats. Bring flashlights. Families welcome. Reservations required. $5; free for members. (985) 626-1238.
- PRYTANIA KIDS SERIES: 9:30 a.m., Prytania Theatre, 5339 Prytania St., New Orleans. Cool activities for the kids, followed by the movie “Mary Poppins” on the big screen at 10 a.m. $5.75. http://www.theprytania.com.
- ARTS MARKET OF NEW ORLEANS: 10 a.m., Palmer Park, Carrollton Way, Jefferson. Presented by the Arts Council of New Orleans, the Arts Market is a free open air festival of creativity. Featuring live music performances, food and beverage booths, and a Kids Tent with a creative show and crafts.
- RUDOLPH’S REVENGE: 11 a.m., Barcadia, 601 Tchoupitoulas St., New Orleans. Indoor and outdoor party celebrating Christmas in July. Brunch and drink specials. Party will parade down Tchoupitoulas to Generations Hall at 10 p.m. Anyone wearing reindeer ears will be granted free admission to Generations Hall. (504) 401-6990.
- BRIDAL EXPO: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday and noon-4 p.m., Sunday, Lakeside Shopping Center, 3301 Veterans Memorial Blvd., Metairie. Sponsored by Welliver Productions. Free. Please bring a nonperishable item for the Second Harvest Food Bank. (504) 831-5288.
- OTTILIE BRODMANN WHITE LINEN TRUNK SHOW: 10 a.m., Hattie Sparks, 714 Adams St., New Orleans. An exclusive shopping event featuring the Ottilie Brodmann Spring Collection with designs made for White Linen Night. hattiesparks.com.
- STAGE DOOR IDOL- PRELIMINARY ROUND FOUR: 6 p.m.-7 p.m., Stage Door Canteen, National World War II Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Cheer on the singers and vote for your favorite. $5 at the door. http://www.nationalww2museum.org.
- CONVERSATION AND BOOKSIGNING WITH AWARD WINNING AUTHOR STEPHEN MAITLAND-LEWIS: 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m., Garden District Books, 2727 Prytania St., New Orleans. Conversation with Maitland-Lewis moderated by New Orleans writer and producer Jon Pult. Reception and book signing to follow. www.gardendistrictbookshop.com.
- FILM SCREENING: 6:30 p.m. and 8:45 p.m., Contemporary Arts Center, 900 Camp St., New Orleans. Screening of “Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me.” $7, general admission; free, NOFS and CAC members. (504) 528-3800.
- SPRINGSTEEN & I: 7:30 p.m., AMC Elmwood Palace 20, 1200 Elmwood Park Blvd., Harahan. Fans of Bruce Springsteen discuss what his music means to them. Also included are a featurette and footage from Springsteen’s “Wrecking Ball” tour. www.amctheatres.com.
- MILTON FRIEDMAN DAY LUNCHEON, FEATURING MALLORY FACTOR: noon, Andrea’s Restaurant, 3100 19th St., Metairie. A special event with author Mallory Factor discussing Milton Friedman’s contributions to our country and the worldwide movement for freedom. www.andreasrestaurant.com.
- PUB QUIZ: 6 p.m., Stage Door Canteen, National World War II Museum, 945 Magazine St., New Orleans. Test your knowledge on an array of topics, including World War II. nationalww2museum.org
- “BICYCLING THE BACK TRAILS” AND “TIPS TO TRAIL RIDING”: 6:15 p.m., Northlake Nature Center, 23135 La. 190, Mandeville. The Bike Path owner David Moeller will lead a ride and give tips. Helmets required. Mountain bike or wide tires recommended. Bike rentals available through the Shiver Shack. Reservations required. $5; free for members. (985) 626-1238.
- THE HISTORIC NEW ORLEANS COLLECTION: 533 Royal St., New Orleans. “Pipe Dreams: Louisiana under the French Company of the Indies, 1717–1731,” through Sept. 15. Hours: 9:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m, Tuesday–Saturday and 10:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Sunday. Free.