To submit event and entertainment items for the Bon Temps calendar, email details to email@example.com or fax to (225) 388-0351. Deadline is at noon Monday.
FRIDAY, FEB. 1
- GARDEN TOUR FRIDAYS: 10 a.m., Rosedown Plantation State Historic Site, 12501 La. 10, St. Francisville. A guided walking tour of the historic Rosedown gardens and outbuildings. Program held first Friday of every month. (888) 376-1867.
- KREWE OF HERCULES MARDI GRAS PARADE: 6 p.m., Westside Route (Bayou Garden Boulevard) to Town Hall on Barrow Street, Houma. (985) 876-5877.
- LOUISIANA CROSSROADS SERIES: 7:30 p.m., James Moncus Theater, Acadiana Center for the Arts, 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. Jimmy C. Newman and Joel Savoy’s Honky Tonk Merry-Go-Round. Food and drinks by Tony Chachere’s will be available for purchase. $15-$25. (337) 233-7060.
SATURDAY, FEB. 2
- TECHE AREA FARMER’S MARKET: 6 a.m.-10 a.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Fresh, locally grown produce, arts and crafts, jams and jellies, preserves, baked goods and yard art. (888) 942-3742.
- BAYOU TECHE FARMERS MARKET: 8 a.m.-noon, Hamilton and North New Market streets, St. Martinville. Produce, arts and crafts for sale. (337) 394-2230.
- CAJUN JAM SESSION: 9 a.m.-noon, Savoy Music Center, 4413 U.S. 190 East, Eunice. Bring instrument. (337) 457-9563.
- DUTCH OVEN 101: 9 a.m., Chicot State Park, 1300 Sudie Lawton Lane, Ville Platte. Bill Ryan and other members of the Louisiana Dutch Oven Society will have a Dutch oven gathering at Pavilion 1 to demonstrate the early pioneer cooking technique. $1 per person. (888) 677-6100.
- MELVILLE MARDI GRAS PARADE: 11 a.m., Old Elementary School, down La. 105 South at Jackson Lane. A free, family-friendly parade. (337) 623-5777 or (337) 623-4226.
- TRAILRIDE: noon, Richardson Pavilion, 11691 La. 10 West, Clinton. Sponsored by Last of a Dying Breed Riding Club. All clubs invited. Ride leaves at 3 p.m. Four wheelers allowed. Food and beverages will be sold. $10; children 12 and younger, free. (225) 362-2424.
- KREWE OF PETIT CAILLOU MARDI GRAS PARADE: noon, north to St. Joseph Church to Sarah Bridge, Chauvin. (985) 594-3501 or (985) 226-0049.
- RECEPTION FOR MASKS AND MAYHEM II: 2 p.m.-5 p.m., Nunu’s Arts & Culture Collective, 1510 Courtableau Road, Arnaudville. Exhibit will be on display through Feb. 28. Free. (337) 453-3307 or http://www.cajuntravel.com.
- RENDEZ-VOUS DES CAJUNS: 6 p.m., Liberty Theater, Eunice. Cajun music radio and TV show. Musical guests Bradley Venable & Kajun Kraze and Hubert Maitre & the Triangle Aces with a special guest from France. $5; $3, children under 12. (337) 457-7389 or http://www.eunice-la.com.
- KREWE OF AQUARIUS MARDI GRAS PARADE: 6:30 p.m., Westside Route (Bayou Garden Boulevard) to Town Hall on Barrow Street, Houma. (985) 532-6236.
SUNDAY, FEB. 3
- KREWE OF HYACINTHIANS MARDI GRAS PARADE: noon, Westside Route (Bayou Gardens Boulevard), Houma. (985) 856-4750.
- KREWE OF TITANS MARDI GRAS PARADE: Immediately following the Krewe of Hyacinthians Parade on the Westside Route, Houma. (985) 226-4854 or (985) 851-0357.
TUESDAY, FEB. 5
- TECHE AREA FARMER’S MARKET: 2 p.m.-6 p.m., Bouligny Plaza, 102 W. Main St., New Iberia. Produce, arts and crafts, jams, jellies, baked goods and art.
- DOCUMENTARY FILM SCREENING: 6 p.m., Ascension Parish Library in Dutchtown, 13278 La. 73, Geismar. A viewing of Taking a Seat for Justice: The 1960 Baton Rouge Sit-ins. Coffee and light refreshments will be served. (225) 673-8699. Free.
- FAMILY STORYTIME: 6:30 p.m., Ascension Parish Library in Donaldsonville, 500 Mississippi St., Donaldsonville. Stories, songs, fingerplays and more. All ages. A parent or caregiver must attend with their child. (225) 473-8052.
WEDNESDAY, FEB. 6
- TASTER’S CHOICE: 6:30 p.m., LSUE, 2048 Johnson Highway, Eunice. Food sampling, live music and an auction. $20 per person. (337) 457-2565 or http://www.eunice-la.com.
- 2012 FIDDLE MANIA: throughout downtown Opelousas. Public art exhibit featuring over-sized fiddles fabricated from metal that were painted and designed by local artists. The exhibit is dedicated in memory of local musician/fiddler and cultural ambassador Hadley J. Castille. (337) 948-5227 or http://www.cityofopelousas.com.
- ACADIANA CENTER FOR THE ARTS: 101 W. Vermilion St., Lafayette. http://www.acadianacenterforthearts.org. Works by Chicory Miles and Malcolm McClay, through March 2. Art by Jean Rosen, through Friday, Feb. 1. Works by JJ Wilson & Company, through March 1. Views from the Point by Bonnie Camos, through Feb. 26.
- IMAHARA’S BOTANICAL GARDEN: 5341 Mahoney Road, St. Francisville. Self-guided tours, Saturdays 10 a.m.-3 p.m. and Sundays 1 p.m.-3 p.m. http://imaharasbotanicalgarden.blogspot.com.
- OHR-O’KEEFE MUSEUM OF ART: Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art, 386 Beach Blvd., Biloxi, Miss. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. Dusti Bongé: Revisiting the Legacy, Lydia Thompson: Roots, Connections and Pathways and Terry Tjader: Ingrained in Wood, through May. George E. Ohr: Selections from Gulf Coast Collections, ongoing. https://www.georgeohr.org.
- ROSEDOWN PLANTATION STATE HISTORIC SITE: 10 a.m.-4 p.m., 12501 La. 10, St. Francisville. Black history display with pictures, biographies and African American music, through February. (888) 376-1867.
- ST. LANDRY PARISH VISITOR INFORMATION CENTER: Interstate 49, exit 23 north of Opelousas. Masks and Mayhem II — The Courir de Mardi Gras, artwork by Herb Roe, through Feb. 28. (337) 948-8004.
- UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA AT LAFAYETTE, HILLIARD ART MUSEUM: 710 E. St. Mary Blvd., Lafayette. http://museum.louisiana.edu. Contemporary Folk Art from the Permanent Collection, through August. John Buck: C’est Magnifique, through May 11. Uros House, a site-specific, lighting sculpture installation by artist Grimanesa Amoros.