1. Scotlandville (21-1): The 4-5A Hornets’ lone loss is to St. Augustine.
2. University (18-3): Cubs have height and the weapons needed for success.
3. Tara (15-5): Trojans of 4A were the EBR tourney runner-up and are riding high.
4. Dutchtown (16-2): The 5A Griffins have put together a solid series of wins.
5. Madison Prep (14-5): Chargers have emerged as area’s top Class 1A team.
6. East Ascension (14-6): Spartans are prepped and ready for a tough 5-5A race.
7. McKinley (15-5): Panthers will tangle with EAHS and Dutchtown in 5-5A.
8. Dunham (16-4): Tigers are poised to be the District 6-2A favorite.
9. Christian Life (10-6): Talented Crusaders will battle Madison in 6-1A.
10. St. Michael (17-4): Class 4A Warriors may be area’s most improved team.
(tie) Parkview Baptist (9-7): Tough schedule but plenty of potential.
Next up: Port Allen, French Settlement, Donaldsonville, Episcopal, Plaquemine, Baker, Northeast, Southern Lab.
1. Denham Springs (18-2): Yellow Jackets have surged to the top of the 4-5A race.
2. Walker (19-3): Wildcats and 4-5A rival DSHS have split their games this season.
3. University (17-6): Cubs are the frontrunner in improved District 7-3A to date.
4. Zachary (16-7): Another contender in the competitive 4-5A race.
5. Albany (17-5): 3A Hornets won twice last week, including win over Sumner.
6. Doyle (14-4): Tigers look to challenge St. Thomas Aquinas in 7-2A.
7. McKinley (14-3): Panthers are primed for a solid 5-5A season.
8. Redemptorist (18-6): Wolves have emerged as the District 6-2A leader.
9. Baker (16-5): Part of the much-improved 7-3A race along with U-High.
10. Capitol (15-7): Lions are part of the competitive 6-2A race with Redemptorist.
(tie) Southern Lab (13-3): Kittens help lead the area’s Class 1A contingent.
Next up: St. Amant, Broadmoor, Scotlandville, St. Michael, Episcopal, Parkview Baptist, French Settlement.