1. East Ascension (6-0): The last unbeaten 5A/4A team, but it will be interesting to see how it moves forward without injured star RB Sione Palelei.
2. Central (5-1): The Wildcats have remained solid while running the gauntlet in 4-5A.
3. St. Amant (5-1): A stellar defense and rapidly improving offense make the Gators powerful.
4. Dutchtown (5-1): The Griffins have learned from their big loss to Destrehan in Week 3.
5. Scotlandville (4-1): The Hornets have proved how explosive they are and face another challenge in Denham Springs.
6. Zachary (4-2): Win over 4A Plaquemine sets Broncos up for a key 4-5A game with Central.
7. Catholic (4-2): Injuries have affected the Bears. The question now: How well can they rebound?
8. Plaquemine (4-2): After loss to 5A Zachary, the Green Devils have to focus on 6-4A play.
9. Broadmoor (4-2): The Bucs have been a pleasant surprise in their first year in 4-5A.
T-10. Denham Springs (3-3): The Yellow Jackets have to rebound from their loss to Central quickly at Scotlandville.
T-10. Tara (4-2): The Trojans got their first 6-4A win but face traditional power Lutcher this week.
Class 3A and below
1. University (6-0): Simply the best in Baton Rouge and still No. 1 in Class 3A.
2. Parkview Baptist (4-2): Played well in loss to U-High and still a force to deal with.
3. West Feliciana (5-1): Underrated Saints are steady and gaining recognition statewide.
4. Episcopal (6-0): The Knights are perfect going into 6-2A showdown with Dunham.
5. Dunham (5-1): The Tigers have five straight wins going into Thursday showdown.
6. Pointe Coupee Central (4-2): The Cougars of 5-1A are one of the area’s most explosive teams.
7. White Castle (4-2): Like PCC, the 8-1A Bulldogs’ only losses were to two larger schools.
8. Christian Life (5-1): The Crusaders are 1-0 in District 6-1A and playing well.
9. Springfield (4-2): The Bulldogs have won two straight in District 7-2A.
10. Capitol (4-2): Lions must rebound from loss to 3A as they resume 6-2A play.
1. St. Joseph’s Academy (24-1): Redstickers haven’t lost to a local team.
2. St. Amant (15-9): Gators have key showdown with East Ascension this week.
3. St. Michael (15-6): Division II Warriors are 7-0 in district play.
4. East Ascension (20-7): Spartans have been solid all year.
5. Central (16-7): Division II Wildcats are 6-1 in district play.
1. University (27-3): Division IV Cubs are 6-0 in district.
2. Lutcher (23-7): Division III Bulldogs were 5-1 last week.
3. Brusly (21-6): Division III Panthers were unbeaten last week.
4. St. John (21-10): Eagles continue to lead Division V district.
5. Ascension Christian (11-8): Division V Lions stay solid.
Records through Sunday