- LOUISIANA SEAFOOD PROMOTION & MARKETING BOARD MARKETING COMMITTEE MEETING: 10 a.m., LSPMB office, Suite 310, 2101 Lakeshore Dr., New Orleans.
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Louisiana Resource Center for Educators, 5550 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge. Call Greg Brignac (225) 810-8645. Website: www.rsff.org.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email: Susan Carpenter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Weekly Friday night event through Sept. 13. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- CASTING FOR KIDS RODEO: Bobby Lynn’s Marina, Leeville. Adult, Children’s & Kayak divisions. Fee $35/Boater & Kayak divisions, $25/Children’s Division, includes dinner, T-shirt. Benefits Palliative Care Foundation of Baton Rouge. Call Janet Rhodus (225) 413-4414.
- CCA LOUISIANA SPECKS & SPOTS FISHING TOURNAMENT: 6 a.m. to 1-3 p.m. weigh-in Quintana Landing, La. 319, Cypremort Point. CCA members in 4-angler teams for Speckled Trout (2 fish) and Redfish (2 fish. 16 inches to lesse_SClBthan 27 inches long) divisions. Cash prizes for top 10 teams in each division. Fee $175/team. Pretournament registration 3-8 p.m. July 12. Optional captain’s meeting 6:30 p.m. July 12. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
AROUND THE CORNER
- JULY 20 — HIGH POWER RIFLE XTC REGIONAL MATCH COURSE: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. NRA-approved 200-, 300- & 600-yard tournament. Open to public. Fees, $12/adult, $5/junior (members), $15/adult, $5/junior (nonmembers). 80 rounds. Call Jay D. Hunt (985) 768-8469. Email email@example.com. Website: http://www.PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- JULY 21 (FOURTH) — FEB. 10 DOIRON’S TEAM BASS TOURNAMENT: Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville. Pick-your-partner. First in five-tournament series. Other dates: March 24, May 19, July 21, Aug. 24-25 (end of year classic). Call Larry Doiron (985) 397-3113.
- JULY 21 (8TH)/FEB. 16 CAPITAL CITY BASS ELITE TEAMS TOURNAMENT: Neely’s Spokane Resort, Lake St. John, Ferriday. $30 membership fee. $100/team tournament fee, 100-percent payback. First in eight-tournament series. Other events: March 3, Bayou Segnette State Park, Westwego; March 23, Bayou Black Marina, Gibson; April 14, Somme;s Marina, Lac Des Allemands, Des Allemands; April 28, Doiron’s Landing East, Lake Verret, Stephensville; May 11, Lake View Lodge, Lake Concordia, Ferriday; June 22, Belle River Public Landing, Atchafalaya Basin; July 21, Old River Landingm Old River, Morganza; Aug. 10-11, Capital City Classic, Venice Marina. Venice.4-5 “classic.” Call Jesse Brooks (225) 397-2071. Website: http://www.capitalcitybassla.com.
- JULY 22, CABELA’S-JAN. 28 RED STICK FLY FISHERS FLY-TYING SESSION: 7 p.m., Conference Room, Cabela’s, Gonzales. Monthly event/locations vary. Other sites Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs & Orvis, 7601 Bluebonnet Blvd. Baton Rouge. Other Cabela’s dates: April 22, July 22, Oct. 28; Bass Pro Shops Feb. 25, May 27, Aug. 26, Nov. 25; Orvis March 25, June 24, Sept. 23, Dec. 16. Call Pete Bongiovanni (225) 335-4596. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- JULY 25-27 INTERNATIONAL GRAND ISLE TARPON RODEO: Sand Dollar Marina weighstation & Rodeo Tent, Grand Isle.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO—S.T.A.R.: Through Sept. 2, summer-long saltwater fishing event. Truck/boats for specially tagged redfish. Prizes in several species categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Entry fee & CCA membership required. Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- JULY 17 —CCA/WESTSIDE CHAPTER BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Carl Grant Civic Center, Plaquemine. Tickets $60, spouses $30, 17-under $25. Supper, live/silent auctions. Call Geri Lynne Gilbert (225) 776-7112.e_SClBJULY 18 — CCA/BAYOU LAFOURCHE CHAPTER BANQUET: 6 p.m., Warren Harang Jr. Municipal Auditorium, Civic Center, Thibodaux. Tickets $60, spouse $30, 17-under $25. Supper, live/silent auctions. Call Nolan Reynerson (225) 952-9200.
- JULY 20 — WOOD STORK & WADING BIRD WATCH: 7 a.m.-noon, South Farm, Sherburne Wildlife Management Area, Atchafalaya River Road (South off U.S. 190 east of Krotz Springs; Exit 135-north/Ramah off I-10). No fee, but WMA requires state hunting or fishing license, or Wild Louisiana Stamp. Call Wildlife & Fisheries Opelousas Office (337) 948-0255.
- JULY 31 — WHITETAIL DEER SUMMER SEMINAR: 6 p.m. registration, 6:30-9 p.m. seminar, LSU 4-H mini-Farm, AgCenter Drive, LSU, Baton Rouge. Also South Louisiana Branch/Quality Deer Management Association meeting. Changes for 2013-14 deer season, tracking/feeding adult deer, gun & ammo availability forecast. Call Don Reed (225) 683-5848.
- AUG. 4 — JUNIOR CHOUPIQUE RODEO: 9 a.m.-noon, St. James Boat Club, U.S. 61 at Blind River between Sorrento and Gramercy. Kids only up to 15 years old. Registration 25 cents. Fishing from the bank only. Largest fish & most fish categories. Call Boat Club (225) 869-8966.
- RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON/FEDERAL WATERS: Closed in federal waters. Open in state waters weekends only through September with three-per-day limit, 16-inches minimum size. Anglers must have no-fee Louisiana Recreational Offshore Landing Permit (website: www.rolp.wlf.la.gov/Permit/Apply.)
- GAG GROUPER SEASON OPENED: Recreational fishing season re-opened Monday, July 1 throughout the Gulf of Mexico.
- RECREATIONAL AMBERJACK SEASON CLOSED: Through July 31 for greater amberjack throughout the Gulf of Mexico.
- COMMERCIAL AMBERJACK SEASON CLOSURE: Effective 10:01 a.m. Monday (July 1) in state and federal waters for remainder of 2013.
- EAST GRAND TERRE ISLAND CLOSURE: To commercial fishing, including crabs & shrimp, and to recreational fishing, except rod-and-reel take of finfish, until further notice after state biologists identified residual BP-Deepwater Horizon tar balls and tar mats.
- TERREBONNE BASIN & WATERS WEST TO LOUISIANA-TEXAS LINE: For the spring inshore season from eastern bank of Bayou Lafourche west to Louisiana-Texas state line, except portions of lower Timbalier & Terrebonne bays and Lakes Pelto and Pelican that border the Gulf of Mexico. Ordered by Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries Complete map at website: www.wlf.louisiana.gov.
Have an event?
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to get an event listed.