- CWPPRA TASK FORCE MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Room 119, NOAA Estuarine Habitats & Coastal Fisheries Center, 646 Cajundome Blvd., Lafayette. Technical Committee recommendations for FY2014 Planning Budget & Phase I engineering & design decision. Call Brad Inman (504) 862-2124. Website: http://www.mnv.usace.mil/Missions/Environmental/CWPPRA.aspx.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email Susan Carpenter: email@example.com.
- BASSMASTER FEDERATION NATION CENTRAL DIVISIONAL: Sam Rayburn Reservoir, Lufkin, Texas. State winners qualify for 2014 Bassmaster Classic.
- LOUISIANA WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Waddill Outdoor Education Center, 4142 North Flannery Rd., Baton Rouge. Ratification of new creel/size limits for Atchafalaya Basin and surrounding waters.
- CAJUN CCA BANQUET: 6 p.m., South Crowley KC Hall, Crowley. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- 16TH-ANNUAL SWOLLFEST FISHING RODEO: Sand Dollar Marina, Grand Isle. Website: http://www.swolfest.com.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Weekly Friday night event through Sept. 13. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- LOUISIANA SALTWATER SERIES/REDFISH: Port Fourchon Marina, Fourchon. Fourth in 7-event series sponsored by Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Two-redfish catch, live-fish weigh-in, redfish tagged/released. Website: http://www.lasaltwaterseries.com.
- ORVIS FLY FISHING 101: 10 a.m.-noon, Orvis Shop, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. Beginners basics of casting, rigging, knots. Call Orvis Shop (225) 757-7286.
- SAC-A-LAIT/BREAM FISHING WITH THE JIGGIN’ POLE CLASS: 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., LSU, Baton Rouge. J.B. Salter-taught class. Fee $42/LSU Union members & students, $53/nonmembers. Hands-on & classroom instruction, artificial & live baits, patterns & area fishing hotspots. Call LSU Leisure Studies (225) 578-5118.
- U.S. FOREST SERVICE FEE-FREE DAY: 10 a.m.-No fees to use USFS lands nationwide. Other fee-free days Sept. 28 & Nov. 9-11. Call USFS (866) 632-9992.
- LOUISIANA FREE FISHING WEEKEND: No recreational fishing license required for residents and nonresidents to fish in Louisiana freshwater and saltwater areas. Website: http://www.wlf.la.gov.
AROUND THE CORNER
- JUNE 9-12 — BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: Alabama River, Montgomery, Ala. Fifth in 8-tournament series to determine 2014 Bassmaster Classic qualifiers. Website: http://www.bass
- JUNE 10 — RED STICK FLY FISHERS PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Louisiana Resource Center for Educators, 5550 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge. Regular monthly program. Call Greg Brignac (225) 810-8645. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- JUNE 10-13 — LDWF KIDS FISHING DAY CAMP: 8 a.m.-4 p.m. daily, Woodworth Outdoor Education Center, 661 Robinson Bridge Rd., Woodworth. Boys & girls ages 10-15. Basics of fishing, fish ID, boating safety, cast netting, kayak fishing. Fee $75 includes daily lunch. Camp limited to 20 boys/girls. Call Angela Capello (318) 748-6914. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JUNE 13 — WESTSIDE CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Carl Grant Civic Center, 24700 J. Gerald Berret Blvd., Plaquemine. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- JUNE 15 — ORVIS FLY FISHING 201: 10 a.m.-noon, Orvis Shop, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. Advanced casting, rigging, knots. Call Orvis Shop (225) 757-7286.
- JUNE 15 — 8TH ANNUAL EAST ASCENSION SPORTSMAN’S LEAGUE SPORTING CLAYS SCRAMBLE: 8:30 a.m., Hunter’s Run Gun Club, Port Allen. 100-target Individual & Team events. Fee $80/shooter, $300/corporate teams (4), $125 station sponsor, includes lunch. Call Barney Callahan (225) 445-6870. Website: http://www.easlonline.org.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO—S.T.A.R.: Through Sept. 2, summer-long saltwater fishing event. Truck/boats for specially tagged redfish. Prizes in several species categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Entry fee & CCA membership required. Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- JUNE 15 — EBR SHERIFF’S OFFICE BENEFIT BASS TOURNAMENT: Safe daylight to 3 p.m. weigh-in, Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville. Pick-your-partner event. Fee $100/boat ($110 tournament day). $10 optional big-bass kitty. Benefits EBR Sheriff’s Office deputies’ families battling cancer. Call Cody McGraw (225) 719-7493. Email: Codmcgraw@gmail.com.
- JUNE 21-22 — CATHOLIC HIGH ALUMNI FISHING RODEO: Moran’s Marina, Port Fourchon Marina, Fourchon Road. Open & Youth divisions. Five-fish “calcuttas” in Mangrove Snapper and Speckled Trout categories. Fee $60 includes two meals. Call Catholic High Alumni office (225) 383-0459.
- RECREATIONAL RED SNAPPER SEASON/FEDERAL WATERS: Through 12:01 a.m. June 25 in federal waters off Louisiana coast. Two-per-day limit, 16-inches minimum size.
- JUNE 1 — RECREATIONAL AMBERJACK SEASON CLOSED: Effective June 1 through July 31. Recreational greater amberjack season throughout Gulf of Mexico.
Have an event? Email: email@example.com.