- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Weekly Friday night event through Sept. 13. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- LAKE CONCORDIA FLY FISHING TRIP: Spring fly fishing, Lake Concordia. Sponsored by Red Stick Fly Fishers, Baton Rouge. Registration required. Call Jack Lithgoe (225) 362-7901. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- 4H SHOOTING COMPETITION: 9 a.m., 4H Range (near Civic Center), Sorrento. Call Thad Bellow (225) 715-1637.
- WOMEN IN THE WILD/FISHING BASICS: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Cabela’s, off La. 30, Gonzales. Women only. Rigging, casting, fish ID & cleaning, boat safety, trailering a boat. No fee. Class limited to 35. Sponsored by La. Department of Wildlife & Fisheries, Cabela’s. Email registration: email@example.com.
- FLY TYING CLASS: 9 a.m.-noon, Ascension Parish Library, 708 S. Irma Blvd. Gonzales. No fee. Basics of tying fresh and saltwater flies for bream, sac-a-lait, bass, redfish & speckled trout. Call Darrell Crawford (225) 644-7989.
- SAC-A-LAIT/BREAM FISHING WITH THE JIGGIN’ POLE CLASS: 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., LSU, Baton Rouge. J.B. Salter-taught class. Fee $42/LSU Union members, $53/nonmembers. Hands-on & classroom instruction, artificial & live baits, patterns & area fishing hotspots. Call LSU Leisure Studies (225) 578-5118.
- IFA REDFISH & IFA KAYAK TOUR/TEXAS: Port Aransas, Texas. First in two-event series. Qualifier for Oct. 24-26 IFA Championship, Houma. Call (478) 836-4266. Website: http://www.IFAredfishtour.com.
- CAPITAL CITY BASS ELITE TEAMS TOURNAMENT: Sommes Marina, Lac Des Allemands $100/team, 100 percent payback. Fourth in eight-tournament series. Call Jesse Brooks (225) 397-2071. Website: http://www.capitalcitybassla.com.
- CCA METRO NOLA SPRING FISHING SEMINAR: 5:15 p.m., Bent Marine, Metairie. Inshore, nearshore & offshore charter skippers. Red beans & rice dinner. Fee $5 (ladies & kids free). Door prizes & raffles.
- ACADIANA CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Frem F. Boustany Center, Heymann Center, Lafayette. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 youths. Call Stuart Billeaud (337) 278-7560 or Ryan Guerin (225) 952-9200.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Wednesdays through Aug. 25 with Aug. 31 “classic.” Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email Susan Carpenter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THURSDAY, APRIL 18
- NORTHSHORE CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 6 p.m., Castine Center, 63350 Pelican Blvd., Mandeville. Tickets $60, $30 spouses/associate, $25 youths (17-under). Live/silent auctions, raffles. Call Adam Guillory (504) 460-7345 or Ryan Guerin (225) 952-9200.
AROUND THE CORNER
- APRIL 18-21 — BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: Bull Shoals Quest, Bull Shoals Lake, Ark. Third in 8-tournament series to determine 2014 Bassmaster Classic qualifiers. Website: http://www.bassmaster.com.
- APRIL 19-20 — CCA LOUISIANA INAUGURAL SPORTING CLAYS CLASSIC: Covey Rise Farms, Husser. Warm-up shoot, John Besh supper, 4:30-9 p.m., April 19; 4-shooter teams, 7:30 a.m. registration, shoot & lunch, April 20. Call Nolan Reynerson (225) 952-9200.
- APRIL 19-20 — TEXAS CUSTOM ROD AND TACKLE SHOW: Jimmy Burke Activity Center, Deer Park, Texas. Free. Rodbuilding classes, plus fishing, tackle-making, fly-tying seminar. Proceeds benefit Shriner’s Childrens Hospital, Project Healing Waters, and Rods for Soldiers. Website: http://www.texasrodshow.com
- APRIL 19-21 — BAYOU STATE HIGH POWER RIFLE REGIONALS: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. 4-man team National Match Course match & other competition. Website: http://www.PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- APRIL 20 — LOUISIANA SALTWATER SERIES: Calcasieu Point Landing, Lake Charles. Second in seven-event series sponsored by Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries. Two-redfish catch. Live-fish weigh-in. Redfish tagged/released. Website: http://www.lasaltwaterseries.com.
- APRIL 20 — THE CAMP BEGINNERS FLY FISHING SCHOOL: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., The Camp Facility, Breaux Bridge. Fee $135 includes instruction, lunch, handouts. Workshop focuses on basics of fly fishing and casting. FFF-certified instructors. Call Keith Richard (337) 344-0908. Website: http://www.thecampflyfishingschool.com.
- APRIL 20 — ORVIS FLY FISHING 101: 10 a.m.-noon, Orvis Shop, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. Beginners basics of casting, rigging, knots. Also April 27, May 4, 18, 25 & June 8. Call Orvis Shop (225) 757-7286.
- APRIL 27 — 5TH ANNUAL LAKESHORE LIONS CLAYS FOR CHILDREN: 8 a.m., Hunter’s Run Gun Club, Port Allen. 4-shooter teams. 100-target sporting clays. 12-gauge and 20-gauge shells provided. Fee $125/adults, $100/under-14 youths (includes breakfast, lunch). Sponsorships available. Benefits Lions Physically Challenged Children’s Camp & Eye Foundation. Call Lions Club (225) 931-7900. Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APRIL 27 — 2ND ANNUAL CARTER’S BASS TOURNAMENT: 3 a.m. check-in, 3 p.m. weigh-in, Manchac-North Pass Public Landing. Pick-your-partner. Fee $150/boat, $15 no-bass pot, $15 big-bass pot. Benefits Woodland Outdoor Ministries for handicapped and underprivileged youths & adults for hunting/fishing trips. Sponsored by Carter’s Supermarket. Mandatory captain’s meeting 6:30 p.m. April 25, Springfield Fire Dept., 32280 Terry St., Springfield. First place custom Gator Trax Boat ($20,000 value.) Call Cory Forbes (225) 505-5678 or Brian Lockhart (225) 938-9262.
- TURKEY: Through Sunday (April 14), Area B lands; through April 21, Area A lands. Limit: 1 per day, 2 per season. Must use state turkey tags. Area C lands closed.
Have an event? Email: email@example.com.