- LIVINGSTON CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 6 p.m., Denham Springs. Call Nolan Reynerson (225) 952-9200.
- HUNTING SEASONS PUBLIC HEARING: 6 p.m., Waddill Outdoor Education Center, 4142 N. Flannery Rd., Baton Rouge. Call Steve Smith (225) 765-2359.
- 2ND ANNUAL CENTRAL HIGH BASS TOURNAMENT: Safe daylight, coach David LeSage’s home, 10635 Sullivan Rd., Baton Rouge. Open to Central High students only. Open water tournament. 2 p.m. weigh-in deadline. Fee $10/team. Top 5 stringers, top 2 big bass, 1 “trash fish” prize. Call LeSage (225) 921-8454.
- EASTER EVE BASS CLASSIC: 4:30-5:30 a.m. check-in, 3 p.m. weigh-in, Manchac Public Launch, North Pass (off I-55). Pick-your-partner. Fee $100/boat, $10 optional big-bass pot. Call Cody Law (225) 485-0920.
- COMMERCIAL/RECREATIONAL FISHING CLOSURE FOR ALL SHARKS: Gulf of Mexico-wide closure, through 12:01 p.m. July 1.
- RECREATIONAL TAKE OF SHALLOW-WATER GROUPERS OPENS: Federal waters, Gulf of Mexico. Includes gag, black, red, yellowfin, scamp and yellowmouth groupers. Recreational take of gag grouper remains closed until June 30.
- SPECKLED TROUT SEMINAR: 6:30 p.m., Grace Presbyterian Church, Roselawn Boulevard, Lafayette. No fee. Fourth in five-seminar series covering fly fishing for trout, redfish, flounder and other species.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Wednesdays through Aug. 25 with Aug. 31 “classic.” Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email Susan Carpenter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THURSDAY, APRIL 4
- LOUISIANA WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Waddill Outdoor Education Center, 4142 North Flannery Rd., Baton Rouge.
- PLAQUEMINES CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Belle Chasse Auditorium, 8398 La. 23, Belle Chasse. Tickets $60, spouses $30, $25 youths, Call Nolan Reynerson (225) 952-9200.
AROUND THE CORNER
- APRIL 4-6 —BASSMASTER SOUTHERN OPEN: Douglas Lake, Dandridge, Tenn. Second in three-tournament series to qualify winners for 2014 Bassmaster Classic. Website: http://www.bassmaster.com.
- APRIL 5 — FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Weekly Friday night event through Sept. 13. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402
- APRIL 6 — 66TH ANNUAL NEW ORLEANS CITY PARK BIG BASS RODEO & FISHTIVAL: 6:30-11 a.m. fishing; 9 a.m.-noon Fishtival. Fishing fee $10/13-older, $5 youths; no fee to attend Fistival. Fishing categories: Bass/rod & reel, Bass/fly rod, Junior (12-younger), Rio Grande Roundup Team & Catfish Kids (one live catfish for 16-younger). Casting contests, educational exhibits, fly tying, raffles. Call Kaye Florane (504) 833-3266. Website: http://www.neworleanscitypark.com/bigbass.
- APRIL 6 — LADIES DAY OUTS: 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Cabela’s, off La. 30, Gonzales. Women only. Outdoors seminars, activities, clothing, equipment, hunting, archery, fishing. Door prizes. No preregistration needed. Call Cabela’s (225) 743-3400. Website: http://www.Cabelas.com.
- APRIL 6-7 — INAUGURAL U.S. OPEN BOWFISHING CHAMPIONSHIP: 7 p.m. April 6-7 a.m. April 7, Long Creek Marina, Table Rock Lake, Branson, Mo. Sponsored by Bass Pro Shops/Tracker Boats. Common carp, grass carp, bighead carp, freshwater drum, buffalofish & alligator gar. No gamefish allowed to be taken. Info website: http://www.basspro.com/usopen. Registration website: http://www.Centralpro-am.com. Call Casey Rains (417) 334-4860.
- APRIL 10 — BATON ROUGE CHAPTER/CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., John M. Parker Age Center, LSU, Baton Rouge. Dinner, live/silent auctions. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 youths, $600 tables. Call Rad Trascher (225) 952-9200.
- APRIL 11 — ACADIANA CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Frem F. Boustany Center, Heymann Center, Lafayette. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 youths. Call Stuart Billeaud (337) 278-7560 or Ryan Guerin (225) 952-9200.
- APRIL 13 — WOMEN IN THE WILD/FISHING BASICS: 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Cabela’s, off La. 30, Gonzales. Women only. Rigging, casting, fish ID & cleaning, boat safety, trailering a boat. No fee. Class limited to 35. Sponsored by La. Department of Wildlife & Fisheries, Cabela’s. Email registration: email@example.com.
- APRIL 19-20 — CCA LOUISIANA INAUGURAL SPORTING CLAYS CLASSIC: Covey Rise Farms, Husser. Warm-up shoot, John Besh supper, 4:30-9 p.m., April 19; 4-shooter teams, 7:30 a.m. registration, shoot & lunch, April 20. Call Nolan Reynerson (225) 952-9200.
- APRIL 27 — 5TH ANNUAL LAKESHORE LIONS CLAYS FOR CHILDREN: 8 a.m., Hunter’s Run Gun Club, Port Allen. 4-shooter teams. 100-target sporting clays. 12-gauge and 20-gauge shells provided. Fee $125/adults, $100/under-14 youths (includes breakfast, lunch). Sponsorships available. Benefits Lions Physically Challenged Children’s Camp & Eye Foundation. Call Lions Club (225) 931-7900. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- TURKEY: Through April 7, Area C lands; through April 14, Area B lands; through April 21, Area A lands. Limit: 1 per day, 2 per season. Must use state turkey tags.
Have an event? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.