- LOUISIANA WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Waddill Wildlife Center, Flannery Road, Baton Rouge.
- VERMILION CHAPTER CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., VN Hall, 1201 North Lafitte Rd., Abbeville. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- IFA PRO-AM REDFISH CHALLENGE: 3 p.m. daily weigh-in, Gulf Outlet Marina, 5353 Paris Rd. Chalmette. 25 Pro/Co-Angler field filled. $75,000 purse.
- VOLUNTEERS/DERELICT CRAB TRAP REMOVAL PROGRAM: 8:30 a.m., Breton Sound Marina, Hopedale. Registration, information: http://www.laseagrant.org/crabtraps/.
- FLY TYING CLASS: 9 a.m.-noon, Ascension Parish Library, 708 S. Irma Blvd. Gonzales. No fee. Call Darrell Crawford (225) 644-7989
- DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME: 2 a.m.
- CAPITAL CITY BASS OPEN TEAM TOURNAMENT: Morrison Parkway Public Landing, False River, New Roads. $50/team tournament fee. Call Jesse Brooks (225) 397-2071. Website: http://www.capitalcitybassla.com.
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Louisiana Resource Center for Educators, 5550 Florida Blvd., Baton Rouge. Call Greg Brignac (225) 810-8645. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: Season opener, 5 p.m., Wednesdays through Aug. 25, Canal Bank Club, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership, $5 launch fee. Email Susan Carpenter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
THURSDAY, MARCH 14
- BATON ROUGE DUCKS UNLIMITED CHAPTER SPONSORS BANQUET: Renaissance Hotel, Baton Rouge. Email John Barton Jr.: John.Barton.Jr@bswllp.com or Terrell Brown: JTBrown@GMFSLending.com.
AROUND THE CORNER
- MARCH 14-17 — 34TH-ANNUAL LOUISIANA SPORTSMAN SHOW & FESTIVAL: Lamar Dixon Expo Center, Gonzales. 2-7 p.m. March 14 (no fee); 11 a.m.-7 p.m., March 15; 9 a.m.-7 p.m., March 16; 10 a.m.-5 p.m., March 17. Fees $10 adults, $6 ages 6-12, $15 3-day pass, no fee for military. Free parking.
- MARCH 14-17 — BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: Sabine River system, Orange, Texas. Website: http://www.bassmaster.com.
- MARCH 16 — CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK BASS CLASSIC: St. James Boat Club, U.S. 61, Gramercy. Pick-your-partner tournament. Open waters. Pretournament meeting 6:30 p.m., March 14, St. James BC. Benefits Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital. Call Danny Fields (225) 765-5951.
- MARCH 16 — HIGH POWER RIFLE XTC REGIONAL MATCH COURSE: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. NRA-approved 200-, 300- and 600-yard tournament. Open to public. Fees, $12 & $15/adults, $5/juniorrs. Call Jay D. Hunt (985) 768-8469.
- MARCH 17 — 32TH ANNUAL KIWANIS OF POINTE COUPEE OPEN BASS TOURNAMENT: Safe daylight, public landing, Morrison Parkway, False River, New Roads. Weigh-in 3 p.m. Pick-your-partner event. Fee $125/team ($150 tournament day). Benefits Kiwanis False River projects. Call Kenneth St. Romain (225) 718-1319.
- MARCH 22-24 — BECOMING AN OUTDOORS WOMAN: Camp Grant Walker, Pollack. Sponsored by Department of Wildlife & Fisheries. Women-only. Limited to 125 18-older. Call Dana Norsworthy (318) 345-3912.
- MARCH 22-23 — PADDLEPALOOZA X KAYAK FISHING TOURNAMENT: Bobby Lynn’s Marina, Leeville. Sponsored by the Bayou Coast Kayak Fishing Club. Open to public. Fee $40 ($50 after March 17) Preregistration required. Website: http://www.bckfc.org.
- MARCH 23 — 21ST ANNUAL ERIC ANDOLSEK MEMORIAL BASS TOURNAMENT: Bob’s Bayou Black Marina, Gibson. Pick-your-partner tournament. Sponsored by Golden Tigers, Eric Andolsek Charitable Fund, Ruffino’s Italian Restaurant. Raising Cane’s. Benefits local charities. Call Reggie Simon (225) 265-7766 or Andy Andolsek (985) 447-3826.
- MARCH 30 — 2ND ANNUAL CENTRAL HIGH BASS TOURNAMENT: Safe daylight, Coach David LeSage’s home, 10635 Sullivan Rd. Central High students only. Open waters. 2 p.m. weigh-in. Fee $10/team. Top 5 stringers, top 2 big bass, 1 “trash fish.” Call LeSage (225) 921-8454.
- TURKEY/YOUTH & PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED WEEKEND: March 16-17, private lands only in State Turkey Areas A, B and C. Limit: 1 per day. State turkey tags must be used.
- TURKEY: Area A lands, March 23-April 21; Area B lands, March 23-April 14; Area A lands, March 23-April 7. Limit: 1 daily, 2 season. Requires state turkey tags.
- ELMER’S ISLAND: Access road open; beach open one-half mile east of access road.
- AMBERJACK SEASON: Closed through May 31.
Have an event? Email: email@example.com