- LOUISIANA WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Waddill Outdoor Education Center, 4142 North Flannery Rd., Baton Rouge. Major agenda items: Notices of Intent for 2014-2015 hunting season dates, DMAP fees, black bass regulations for Atchafalaya Basin, Lake Verret, Lake Palourde, and Fausse Pointe Lake and discussion of 2013 red snapper season.
- DONALDSONVILLE CHAPTER/DUCKS UNLIMITED BANQUET: 6 p.m., Lemann Center, Donaldsonville. Seafood Extravaganza. Call Todd Boudreaux (225) 278-5584.
- ARCHERY CLINIC: 8:30 a.m.-noon, Waddill Outdoor Education Center, Flannery Road, Baton Rouge. Adults & children. Fee free. Certified instructors. Equipment available for children. Sponsored by Tangi Archery Club. Call Ralph Sibley (225) 413-1917.
- FLY TYING CLASS: 9 a.m.-noon, Ascension Parish Library, 708 S. Irma Blvd. Gonzales. No fee. Basics of tying fresh and saltwater flies for bream, sac-a-lait, bass, redfish & speckled trout. Call Darrell Crawford (225) 644-7989.
- BLUEBIRD BASICS: 1-4 p.m., Louisiana State Arboretum, Ville Platte. Tips, habitat tactics to lure bluebirds. Bluebird house building. Admission $1 to Chicot State Park. Call (888) 677-6100.
- JAKES/CANVASBACK CLUB TAKE AIM EVENT: Malloy Sportsman’s Club, Feed Mill Road, El Dorado, Ark. Boys & girls 17 and younger. Firearms safety, BB gun shoot, trap shoot, wood duck-box assembly, hunting ethics, habitat management & duck/turkey calling seminar. Fee $15 includes shooting & lunch. Cosponsored by Delta Waterfowl & South Arkansas Chapter/National Wild Turkey Federation. Call Corey Dunn (501) 553-3815.
- DOIRON’S TEAM BASS TOURNAMENT: Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville. Pick-your-partner. First in five-tournament series. Call Larry Doiron (985) 397-3113.
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Louisiana Resource Center for Educators, 5550 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge. Regular monthly program. Call Greg Brignac (225) 810-8645. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
AROUND THE CORNER
- FEB. 15-16 — CCA LOUISIANA STATE COONVENTION: Hotel Acadiana, 1801 W. Pinhook Rd., Lafayette. Workshops, speakers, Hall of Fame ceremony & Chapter Cook-off. Call David Cresson (225) 588-4823.
- FEB. 16 — CAPITAL CITY BASS ELITE TEAMS TOURNAMENT: Neely’s Spokane Resort, Lake St. John, Ferriday. $30 membership fee. $100/team tournament fee, 100-percent payback. First in eight-tournament series. Call Jesse Brooks (225) 397-2071. Website: http://www.capitalcitybassla.com.
- FEB. 16 — FLY FISHING 101: 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Waddill Outdoors Education Center, 4142 North Flannery Rd., Baton Rouge. Open to public. No Fee. Preregistration requested. Hands-on instruction in casting, leaders, knots, fly tying. Includes lunch, refreshments. Sponsored By Red Stick Fly Fishers. Call Dugan Sabins (225) 766-4060.
- FEB. 16 — 11TH ANNUAL LITTLE MO FLY FISHING FEST: 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Community Hall, Murfreesboro, Ark. Programs, casting, exhibitors and fly tiers from Ark-La-Tex. Call Jeff Guerin (985) 531-6312. Website: www.littlemissouriflyfishing.com.
- FEB. 17 — LOUISIANA SHOOTING ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Cabela’s, Gonzales.
- FEB. 16 — 3D ARCHERY TOURNAMENT: 8:30-10:30 a.m., Waddill Outdoor Education Center, 4142 Flannery Rd., Baton Rouge. Fees $20 adults, $5 children. Divisions available for all ages, skill levels. Sponsored by Tango Archery Club. Call Ralph Sibley (225) 413-1917.
- MARCH 1-3 — LOUISIANA DUCKS UNLIMITED LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE: Homewood Suites, Lafayette. Call Stephen Gauthier (337) 344-8253. Website registration: http://ducks.givezooks.com/events/lousiana-ducks-unlimited-volunteer-leadership-meeting.
- MARCH 3 — THE LOUISIANA DECOY RALLY: 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Ormond Plantation, 13786 River Rd., Destrehan. Collectors’ vintage/modern decoys displays & auction. Call David Haydel Jr. (504) 915-5484. Website: http://www.DeepSouthDecoys.org.
- DEER/ARCHERY: Deer Area 6 & Special Atchafalaya Basin/I-10 south through Feb. 15. Either-sex deer allowed to be taken except where noted.
- SQUIRRELS/RABBITS/QUAIL: Statewide through Feb. 28.
- SNIPE/EAST, WEST & COASTAL WATERFOWL ZONES: Second split through Feb. 28.
- CONSERVATION ORDER GEESE/EAST, WEST & COASTAL ZONES: Through March 9. Take restricted to blue, snow and Ross’ geese only. No daily nor possession limits. Hunters allowed to use electronic calls & unplugged shotguns. Special hours one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.
- NOTE: Deer tags are required for all hunters no matter their ages for taking deer in Louisiana. Tags must be affixed to the deer before taking it from the field. State basic & big-game licenses needed for deer hunters.
- ELMER’S ISLAND AREA: oil clean-up.
Have an outdoors item or event? Email: email@example.com