Advocate staff report
October 25, 2012
The Capital City area’s annual Clean Out Your Freezer drive is Sunday. From 1-4 p.m., Hunters for the Hungry volunteers will man 16 locations in East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, Ascension, Iberville, Livingston, Pointe Coupee and West Feliciana parishes to help sportsmen prepare their freezers for the upcoming hunting seasons.
The volunteers will accept frozen meats and fish that will be distributed by the Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank to more than 100 shelters and soup kitchens in a 12-parish area. Donors will receive a receipt for their donations for possible tax write-offs.
The collection sites include:
East Baton Rouge Parish
- Old Alex Box Stadium Parking Lot, Nicholson Drive at Skip Bertman Drive, LSU.
- Bowie Outfitters, 8630 Perkins Rd.
- CCA-Louisiana office, 12241 Industriplex Blvd.
- Baker Fire Station, 3701 Groom Rd., Baker.
- B aton Rouge Fire stations at 545 Lobdell Dr. & 835 Sharp Rd.
- Central Fire Station, 11646 Sullivan Rd., Central.
- St. George Fire stations at 7027 Antioch Rd. & 16415 George O’Neal Lane.
- Zachary Fire Station, 4525 Main St., Zachary.
- Cabela’s, Interstate 10 at La. 30, Gonzales.
- Basin River Electrical Supply, 24310 Railroad Ave., Plaquemine.
- Bass Pro Shops, Interstate 12 at Range Avenue, Denham Springs.
Pointe Coupee Parish
- Soprano’s Supermarket, 8389 U.S. 190, Livonia.
West Baton Rouge Parish
- Spillway Sportsman, La. 1, Brusly.
West Feliciana Parish
- Feliciana Seafood & Deli Exxon Station, 7555 U.S. 61-North, St. Francisville.