- 52ND ANNUAL ORIGINAL GRAND ISLE REDFISH RODEO: Bridge Side Marina, Grand Isle. 15 daily redfish awards. Fee $20 includes meals. Awards ceremony 2 p.m. Sunday. Rescheduled from Aug. 21-Sept. 2. Call Bridge Side (985) 787-2419. Website: http://www.grandisleredfish.com.
- LAKE CONCORDIA FLY FISHING TRIP: Fall fly fishing for bass and panfish. Sponsored by Red Stick Fly Fishers club. Registration required. Call Jack Lithgoe (225) 362-7901. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- 11TH ANNUAL JACOB DUGAS MEMORIAL BASS TOURNAMENT: Doiron’s Landing. Pick-your-partner benefit bass tournament. Fee $180/team. Call Philip Waguespack (225) 571-4169 or Curt Parent (225) 337-2996.
- FLY TYING AT BASS PRO SHOPS: 9:30 a.m.-noon, Conference Room, Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Call Ron Brooks (225) 271-3100.
- SOUTH LOUISIANA HIGHPOWER CLUB MATCH: 8:30 a.m., Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Range, 9300 St. Landry Rd., Gonzales. Fee $12 members, $15 nonmembers, $5 juniors. $15 annual membership in Civilian Marksmanship Program. Call George Serrett; (225) 272-3538. Email: email@example.com.
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS FLY-TYING SESSION: 7 p.m., Orvis Shop, 7601 Bluebonnet Blvd., Baton Rouge. Call Emmitt Simmons (225) 335-4596. Website: http://www.rsff.org
- FIN-ADDICT FLY FISHERS MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Spahr’s Restaurant, 1400 W. Tunnel Blvd., Houma. Call Stephen Robert (985) 850-0082.
- PUBLIC OYSTER SEED GROUND VESSEL PERMIT APPEALS BOARD MEETING: 10 a.m., Suite 200, UNO Advanced Technology Center, 2021 Lakeshore Dr., New Orleans.
AROUND THE CORNER
- SEPT. 27 &MDASH; CCA ASCENSION CHAPTER BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Trademart A, Lamar Dixon Expo Center, St. Landry Rd., Gonzales. Tickets $60, $30 spouse, $25 youths, $480 tables. Dinner, live/silent auctions, raffles. Call CCA Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- SEPT. 27-29 &MDASH; LIVINGSTON PARISH HUNTER SIGHT-IN DAYS: Rescheduled for 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 27-28 and 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29. Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office Training Center, Woodside Drive, Walker. No fee. Hunting rifles/pistols only. Friends of the NRA will check weapons, mount scopes and make minor repairs. Sight-in by LPSO Range staff and Special Ops Division. Only factory ammo. Weapons must be unloaded with actions open. Targets, ear protection, tools and cleaning equipment provided.
- SEPT. 29 &MDASH; ANGLING AGAINST AUTISM TEAM BASS TOURNAMENT: Safe daylight, Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville. Pick-your-partner. Fee $150/boat. Benefits Baton Rouge Speech & Hearing Foundation’ early intervention autism program. Call “Moonie” Bergeron (225) 938-2834 or Keith Thibodeaux (225) 938-0941. Website: http://www.AnglingAgainstAutism.com.
- SEPT. 29 &MDASH; 9TH ANNUAL CHS ALUMNI SPORTING CLAY SHOOT: 9 a.m., Hunters Run Gun Club, Port Allen. 50-target course. 4-shooter teams. Fee $50/gun, $60 shooting day, $40 students (includes lunch, 12-, 20-gauge shells). 2-man “Hurry Flurry” and Poker Run. Call Catholic Alumni Office (225) 383-0459. Online registration: http://www.catholichigh.orgs.
- SEPT. 29 &MDASH; FLW OUTDOORS/BFL COWBOY DIVISION TOURNAMENT: Lake of the Pines, Texas. Last in five-tournament series. Website: http://www.flwoutdoors.com.
- SEPT. 29-30 &MDASH; TOYOTA TUNDRA BASSMASTER WEEKEND SERIES/LOUISIANA DIVISION: Grand Ecore Landing, Red River. Fee $200/boater, $100/co-angler. 20 percent of field in payout. Last in five-event series. Call (888) 203-6222. Website: http://www.weekendseries.com.
- SEPT. 30 &MDASH; FALSE RIVER BASS TRAIL TOURNAMENT: False River, public landing, Morrison Parkway, New Roads. Eighth in nine-tournament pick-your-partner series. Fee $40/boat. $60 membership fee. Call Kenny Mix (225) 638-4312.
- SEPT. 28-30 &MDASH; BUTTERFLY BLAST: 8 a.m.-dark daily, Allen Acres, 5070 La. 399, Pitkin (2 miles south of La. 10 at Cravens). Study & observation of cocoons, eggs, butterflies, hummingbird moths & firefly counts. Call Charles or Susan Allen (337) 328-2252. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OCT. 2 &MDASH; POINTE COUPEE CHAPTER DUCKS UNLIMITED DINNER/AUCTION: 5:30 p.m., Scott Civic Center, New Roads. Tickets $50, $60 couples. Tables $400. Steak dinner, live/silent auctions. Call Kenneth St. Romain (225) 638-8626 or Keith Spragis (225) 638-8626.
- OCT. 2 &MDASH; SPECKLED TROUT IN THE FALL SEMINAR: 6:30 p.m., Grace Presbyterian Church, Roselawn Boulevard, Lafayette. No fee. Pete Cooper Jr. lecturer. First in five-seminar, fly-fishing series. Sponsored by Acadiana Fly Rodders.
- OCT. 3 &MDASH; LIVINGSTON CHAPTER DELTA WATERFOWL BANQUET: 6 p.m., The Pavilion, Greystone Country Club, 9461 St. Andrews Ct., Denham Springs. Call Jamey Sandefur (225) 921-6348.
- OCT. 17 &MDASH; SECOND ANNUAL SOUTH LOUISIANA BRANCH/QDMA GUN BASH: 4-H Mini Farm, AgCenter Drive, LSU, Baton Rouge. Dinner, gun raffles, deer stands, feeders, etc. Tickets $100, $800 tables. Originally set Aug. 29. Call William Shockey (225) 291-7500.
- LOUISIANA SALTWATER TARPON TOURNAMENT: Scheduled for Sept. 14-15, Cypress Cove Marina, Venice. Sponsored by Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries. Website: http://www.lasaltwaterseries.com. Rescheduled date TBA.
- DOVES: First splits closed North & South zones. Second splits, Oct. 6-Nov. 4, North Zone; Oct. 13-Nov. 25, South Zone. Daily limit is 15. Possession limit is 30. Hours are one-half hour before sunrise to sunset.
- TEAL: Statewide, through Sept. 30 (Sunday). Bluewing, greenwing and cinnamon teal only. Daily limit is 4. Possession limit is 8.
- RAILS/GALLINULES: Statewide, through Sept. 30 (Sunday). Daily limit for king and clapper rails is 15 in the aggregate. Possession limit 30. Daily and possession limit on sora and Virginia rails is 25 combined. Daily limit on gallinules is 15, possession limit 30.
- DEER/ARCHERY: State Deer Areas 3 and 8 through Jan. 15. Special license is required: $10.50 for residents (ages 16-59); $26 for nonresidents (16 and older).
Have an outdoors item or event? Email: email@example.com