- LAKE CONCORDIA FLY FISHING TRIP: Fall fly fishing for bass and panfish. Sponsored by Red Stick Fly Fishers club. Registration required. Call Jack Lithgoe (225) 362-7901. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- LOUISIANA HUNTING & FISHING DAY: 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Waddill Outdoors Education Center, 4142 N. Flannery Rd, Baton Rouge. Free. Also Minden, Woodworth, Monroe. Kids fishing, fly casting, fly tying, shooting, canoeing, archery, bird watching, game tagging, game cooking, conservation organizations. Website http://www.wlf.state.la.us.
- 11TH ANNUAL JACOB DUGAS MEMORIAL BASS TOURNAMENT: Doiron’s Landing. Pick-your-partner benefit bass tournament. Fee $180/team. Call Philip Waguespack (225) 571-4169 or Curt Parent (225) 337-2996.
- FLY TYING AT BASS PRO SHOPS: 9:30 a.m.-noon, Conference Room, Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Call Ron Brooks (225) 271-3100.
SUNDAY, SEPT. 23
- CLEAN OUT YOUR FREEZER DAY: 1-4 p.m. Locations throughout Capital City area. Frozen game and fish collection. Sponsored by Hunters for the Hungry. Benefits Greater Baton Rouge Food Bank.
- SOUTH LOUISIANA HIGHPOWER CLUB MATCH: 8:30 a.m., Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Range, 9300 St. Landry Rd. Gonzales. Fee $12 members, $15 nonmembers, $5 juniors. $15 annual membership in Civilian Marksmanship Program. Call George Serrett; (225) 272-3538. Email: email@example.com.
AROUND THE CORNER
- SEPT. 24 &MDASH; RED STICK FLY FISHERS FLY-TYING SESSION: 7 p.m., Orvis Shop, 7601 Bluebonnet Blvd. Baton Rouge. Call Emmitt Simmons (225) 335-4596. Website: http://www.rsff.org
- SEPT. 24 &MDASH; FIN-ADDICT FLY FISHERS MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Spahr’s Restaurant, 1400 W. Tunnel Blvd, Houma. Call Stephen Robert (985) 850-0082. Website: http://finaddictflyfishers.blogspot.com.
- SEPT. 27 &MDASH; CCA ASCENSION CHAPTER BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Trademart A, Lamar Dixon Expo Center, St. Landry Road, Gonzales. Tickets $60, $30 spouse, $25 youths, $480 tables. Dinner, live/silent auctions, raffles. Call CCA Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- SEPT. 29 &MDASH; ANGLING AGAINST AUTISM TEAM BASS TOURNAMENT: Safe daylight, Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville. Pick-your-partner. Fee $150/boat. Benefits Baton Rouge Speech & Hearing Foundation’ early intervention autism program. Call “Moonie” Bergeron (225) 938-2834 or Keith Thibodeaux (225) 938-0941. Website: http://www.AnglingAgainstAutism.com.
- SEPT. 29 &MDASH; 9TH ANNUAL CHS ALUMNI SPORTING CLAY SHOOT: 9 a.m., Hunters Run Gun Club, Port Allen. 50-target course. 4-shooter teams. Fee $50/gun, $60 shooting day, $40 students (includes lunch, 12-, 20-gauge shells). 2-man “Hurry Flurry” and Poker Run. Call CHS Alumni Office (225) 383-0459. Online registration: http://www.
- SEPT. 29 &MDASH; FLW OUTDOORS/BFL COWBOY DIVISION TOURNAMENT: Lake of the Pines, Texas. Last in five-tournament series. Website: http://www.flw
- SEPT. 29-30 &MDASH; TOYOTA TUNDRA BASSMASTER WEEKEND SERIES/LOUISIANA DIVISION: Grand Ecore Landing, Red River. Fee $200/boater, $100/co-angler. 20 percent of field in payout. Last in five-event series. Top 40 boaters/co-anglers qualify for Oct. 12-13 regional, Wright-Patman Lake. Series championship Nov. 7-10, Lake Sam Rayburn, Jasper, Texas. Call (888) 203-6222. Website: http://www.weekendseries.com.
- SEPT. 30 &MDASH; FALSE RIVER BASS TRAIL TOURNAMENT: False River, public landing, Morrison Parkway, New Roads. Eighth in nine-tournament pick-your-partner series. Fee $40/boat. $60 membership fee. Oct. 12-13, End-of-Year Classic, site TBA. Call Kenny Mix (225) 638-4312.
- OCT. 2 &MDASH; POINTE COUPEE CHAPTER DUCKS UNLIMITED DINNER/AUCTION: 5:30 p.m., Scott Civic Center, New Roads. Tickets $50, $60 couples. Tables $400. Steak dinner, live/silent auctions. Call Kenneth St. Romain (225) 638-8626, Keith Spragis (225) 638-8626 or Joey Laurent (225) 638-4666.
- OCT. 3 &MDASH; LIVINGSTON CHAPTER DELTA WATERFOWL BANQUET: 6 p.m., The Pavilion, Greystone Country Club, 9461 St. Andrews Ct., Denham Springs. Call Jamey Sandefur (225) 921-6348.
- LIVINGSTON PARISH HUNTER SIGHT-IN DAYS: Rescheduled for 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 27-28 and 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29. Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office Training Center, Woodside Drive, Walker. No fee. Hunting rifles/pistols only. Friends of the NRA will check weapons, mount scopes and make minor repairs. Sight-in by LPSO Range staff and Special Ops Division. Only factory ammo. Weapons must be unloaded with actions open. Targets, ear protection, tools and cleaning equipment provided.
- CCA PLAQUEMINES CHAPTER BANQUET: Belle Chasse Auditorium, 8398 La. 23, Belle Chasse. Originally set Sept. 6. Rescheduled date TBA.
- SECOND ANNUAL SOUTH LOUISIANA BRANCH/QDMA GUN BASH: 4-H Mini Farm, AgCenter Drive, LSU, Baton Rouge. Dinner, gun raffles. Tickets $100, $800 tables. Originally set Aug. 29. Call William Shockey (225) 291-7500. Rescheduled date TBA.
- LOUISIANA SALTWATER TARPON TOURNAMENT: Scheduled for Sept. 14-15, Cypress Cove Marina, Venice. Sponsored by Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries. Website: http://www.lasaltwaterseries.com. Rescheduled date TBA.
- OPEN: State Fall Inshore Shrimp season (all inshore waters); recreational amberjack season.
- CLOSED-GULF OF MEXICO SEASONS: Recreational red snapper and gray triggerfish, state and federal waters and commercial king mackerel and gray triggerfish.
- DOVES: North Zone: Sunday (Sept. 16), final day, first split. South Zone: first split closed. Daily limit is 15. Possession limit is 30. Hours are one-half hour before sunrise to sunset. Second splits, Oct. 6-Nov. 4, North Zone; Oct. 13-Nov. 25, South Zone.
- TEAL: Statewide, Saturday (Sept. 15) opening day, through Sept. 30. Bluewing, greenwing and cinnamon teal only. Daily limit is 4. Possession limit is 8.
- RAILS/GALLINULES: Statewide, Saturday (Sept. 15) opening day, through Sept. 30. Daily limit for king and clapper rails is 15 in the aggregate. Possession limit is 30 after opening days of the two splits. Daily and possession limit on sora and Virginia rails is 25 in the aggregate. Daily limit on gallinules is 15. Possession limit is 30 after splits’ opening days.
- DEER/ARCHERY: Saturday (Sept. 15), opening day, State Deer Areas 3 and 8. Special license is required: $10.50 for residents (ages 16-59); $26 for nonresidents (16 and older). Through Jan. 15.
Have an outdoors item or event? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org