- CCA CENLA CHAPTER BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Riverfront Center, 707 Main St., Alexandria. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 Youths, $480 tables. Call CCA office (225) 952-9200.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS SERIES: 7 p.m.-midnight, False River, Public Landing, Morrison Parkway, New Roads. Weekly through Sept. 14. Weekly fee $30 per boat/1-2 anglers. 14-inch minimum size for bass. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- 2ND ANNUAL KINGS’ KOVE YOUTH FISHING RODEO: 7:30-11:30 a.m., King’s Kove, Duncan Road, Amite. 17-and-younger anglers. Must be accompanied by parent/guardian, bank-fishing only, all 13 and younger must wear life jackets near water. Live bait or artificial lures. No $10/youngster. Bass, catfish, crappie, bream and “trashfish” categories. Five-fish maximum per category per angler. Sponsored by Acacia Shriners. King’s Kove is off La. 16, 1.7 miles east off La. 51 (north off La. 16 to gravel road, then two-tenths of a mile). Call Skip King (985) 320-1891 or Acacia Shrine Center (225) 926-4814.
- LOUISIANA DELTA BRANCH/QDMA JOE HAMILTON FOUNDING FATHER’S FUN SHOOT: 8 a.m., Honey Brake Gun Club, 2297 Diversion Canal Levee Rd., Jonesville. Four-shooter teams, 15-stand sporting clays. Fee $250/team, $85 individuals, includes lunch. Sponsorships available. Call Pail Ferrell (318) 792-1893.
- FALSE RIVER BASS TRAIL TOURNAMENT: Netterville’s Landing, Lake Bruin. Sixth in 9-tournament, pick-your-partner series. $60 membership fee. $40 tournament fee. Call Kenny Mix (225) 638-4312.
- ACROSS THE COURSE MATCH: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. NRA-approved 200-, 300- and 600-yard tournament. Open to public. Fees $12/adult, $5/junior (members), $15/adult, $5/junior (nonmembers). 80 rounds. Call Jay Hunt (985) 768-8469. Email jdhunt3@yahoo.Com. Website: http://paloaltogunclub.com/.
- Father’s Day
- WEDNESDAY EVENING BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, Maurepas. Pick-your-partner. Three-bass limit. Fee $40/boat. Weekly. Call Canal Bank Club (225) 698-9074.
THURSDAY, JUNE 21
- CCA BAYOU LAFOURCHE CHAPTER BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Civic Center, 310 North Canal Blvd., Thibodaux. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 Youths, $480 tables. Call CCA office (225) 952-9200.
- YOUTH FISH FEST/LOUISIANA SALTWATER SERIES: Rescheduled for 8 a.m.-1 p.m., June 30, Elmer’s Island, La. 1, Town of Grand Isle. Youths 16-and-under. No fee. Casting and cast-net lessons, fish tagging, crab races. Preregistration requested. (Postponed from June 9 due to stormy weather conditions.) Call Danica Williams (504) 628-7282.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO: Summer-long saltwater fishing event through Labor Day. Sept. 3. Truck/boats for tagged redfish. Prizes in species categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana, CCA membership/$25 entry fee required (no fee for Youth Division). Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
AROUND THE CORNER
- JUNE 21-24 &MDASH; BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: Mississippi River Rumble, Mississippi River, LaCrosse, Wisc. Sixth in eight-tournament series to determine 2013 Bassmaster Classic qualifiers. Next ecent: June 28-July 1. Website: http://www.bassmaster.com.
- JUNE 22-23 &MDASH; CATHOLIC HIGH ALUMNI FISHING RODEO: Moran’s Marina, Grand Isle. Open and youth divisions. Five-fish “calcuttas” in mangrove snapper and speckled trout. Call Catholic High Alumni Office (225) 383-0459.
- JUNE 22-24—GRAND ISLE FLY FISHING WEEKEND: Grand Isle. Sponsored by South Louisiana and Mississippi fly-fishing clubs. Registration required. Call Randy Leonpacher (225) 769-1895 or Barry Dauphin (337) 873-8912.
- JUNE 23 &MDASH; FLY TYING AT BASS PRO SHOPS: 9:30 a.m.-noon, Conference Room, Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Call Ron Brooks (225) 271-3100.
- JUNE 24 &MDASH; SOUTH LOUISIANA HIGHPOWER CLUB MATCH: 8:30 a.m., Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Range, 9300 St. Landry Rd. Gonzales. Fee $12 members, $15 nonmembers, $5 juniors. $15 annual membership in Civilian Marksmanship Program. Call George Serrett; (225) 272-3538. Email: email@example.com.
- JUNE 25 &MDASH; RED STICK FLY FISHERS FLY-TYING SESSION: 7 p.m., Orvis Shop, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. Call Emmitt Simmons (225) 335-4596. Website: www.rsff.org
- JULY 6-7 &MDASH; 64TH ANNUAL GOLDEN MEADOW-FOURCHON TARPON RODEO: Fourchon Marina, Fourchon. Weighstation hours: July 6, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. July 6; July 7, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Children’s Division; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Scuba Division; 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Hook & Line divisions. Tickets $25 adults, $10 youths (ages 4-12). Call Chris Moran (225) 931-7306. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JULY 10 &MDASH; AMERICA’S BOATING COURSE: 6:30-8:30 p.m., LSU Leisure Class, Baton Rouge. 2-hour, four-session course meets June 10, 17, 24, 31. Baton Rouge Sail & Power Squadron course qualifies for state Safe Boating Education/Certificate course. Call LSU Union (225) 578-5119. Website: http://www.lsu.edu/leisureclasses.
- JULY 19-21 &MDASH; DUCKS UNLIMITED LOUISIANA STATE CONVENTION: Hilton Riverside Hotel, New Orleans. Registration $125 singles, $175 couples, $25 17-and-younger. Website: http://www.ducks.org/louisiana/events.
- AUG. 18 &MDASH; 11TH-ANNUAL BATON ROUGE CHAPTER, ROCKY MOUNTAIN ELK FOUNDATION BIG GAME BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Marriott Hotel, 5500 Hilton Ave., Baton Rouge. Dinner, live/silent auctions & Wall of Guns. Call Russ Bamgardner (225) 977-5198 or Oren May (225) 924-5303.