- CCA POINT COUPEE CHAPTER BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., William H. Scott Memorial Civic Center, New Roads. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 youths, $480 tables. Dinner, live/silent auctions. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- EVERSTART SERIES-TEXAS DIVISION BASS TOURNAMENT: 6 a.m. daily launches, Cypress Bend Resort, Many. Weigh-ins 2 p.m. Thursday/Friday Cypress Bend. Saturday weigh-in 3 p.m., WalMart, La. 171, Many. Third in four-event series.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS SERIES: 7 p.m.-midnight, False River, Public Landing, Morrison Parkway, New Roads. Weekly through Sept. 14. Weekly fee $30 per boat/1-2 anglers. 14-inch minimum size for bass. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- NRA BASIC PERSONAL PROTECTION IN THE HOME COURSE: 6-10 p.m. June 1, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. June 2, Southwest Mississippi Gun Club, McComb, Miss. Qualifies for Louisiana Concealed Carry Permit. Fee $65. Preregistration deadline May 21. Call Doug Bowser (601) 341-8797. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 27TH ANNUAL LAKE CHARLES CCA TROUT SHOOTOUT: 5:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Calcasieu Point Landing, Lake Charles. Fee $30 (entrants must be Coastal Conservation Association members). Weigh-in begins 7 a.m. Open and youth divisions. Call Raymond Little (337) 288-5685 or Tony Berrigan (225) 952-9200.
- MID RANGE RIFLE MATCH: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. 600-yard prone match includes F-Class (any rifle, any sight, any support), FTR.223 &.308 with a bipod & conventional prone (any caliber). Website: http://PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- CENTRAL LA BRANCH QDMA ANNUAL DEER SCORING EVENT & FIELD DAY: 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Cottonport Bank Camp, Marksville. Bring antlers/mounts to be scored by state wildlife biologists. Also seminar on professional hog-control methods (traps, equipment), maximization of land to improve wildlife habitat, effective coyote trapping techniques, state biologists’ advice on programs, management and biology. No fee. Lunch, refreshments included. Call Tammy Lemoine (318) 359-3003 or Darren Boudreaux (225) 573-2035.
- NATIONAL GUARD FLW COLLEGE SOUTHERN CONFERENCE BASS TOURNAMENT: 6:30 a.m., Cypress Bend Park, Many. Final conference qualifier for 40 college teams including, LSU, LSU-Shreveport, La. Tech, McNeese State, Northwestern State, Southeastern Louisiana, UL-Lafayette, UL-Monroe, 1:30 p.m. weigh-in.
- SIXTH ANNUAL FISHIN’ CHIX PINK RUBBER BOOTS FISHING RODEO: 6:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Flounder’s, Pensacola Beach, Pensacola, Fla. Fee $350/charter boat competitor, $200 no-charter competitor, $150 for Fishin’ Chix members. Benefits Wounded Warriors Project. Website: http:// www.fishinchix.com.
SUNDAY, JUNE 3
- IHMSA HANDGUN METALLIC SILHOUETTE MATCH: Ascension Parish Sheriffs Training Range, St. Landry Road, Gonzales. Smallbore (.22) and Field Pistol matches. Fee $8. Sponsored by Ascension Silhouette. Other match dates: March 4, April 1, May 6, June 3, July 1, Aug. 5, Sept. 8, Oct. 6-7, State Championship. Call Charlie Braud (225) 647-8288 or Philip Braud (225) 675-6451.
- PUBLIC OYSTER SEED GROUND VESSEL PERMIT APPEALS BOARD MEETING: 10 a.m., Suite 200, UNO Advanced Technology Center, 2021 Lakeshore Dr., New Orleans. Call Ty Lindsey (225) 765-2387.
- LOUISIANA OYSTER TASK FORCE MEETING: 1 p.m., Suite 210, UNO Advanced Technology Center, New Orleans.
- THE GULF OF MEXICO FISHERY MANAGEMENT COUNCIL MEETING: Standing and Special Shrimp Committees, Gulf Council office, Suite 1100, 2203 N. Lois Ave., Tampa, Fla. Agenda items include brown, white & pink shrimp overfishing. Call GMFMC (813) 348-1630.
- WEDNESDAY EVENING BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, Maurepas. Pick-your-partner. Three-bass limit. Fee $40/boat. Weekly. Call Canal Bank Club (225) 698-9074.
- AMERICA’S BOATING COURSE: 6:30-8:30 p.m., LSU Leisure Class, Baton Rouge. 2-hour, four-session course meets June 6, 13, 20, 27. Baton Rouge Sail & Power Squadron course qualifies for state Safe Boating Education/Certificate course. Next course sessions 6:30-8:30 p.m. July 10-31. Call LSU Union (225) 578-5119. Website: http://www.lsu.edu/leisureclasses.
THURSDAY, JUNE 7
- LOUISIANA WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Louisiana Room, state Wildlife & Fisheries headquarters, Baton Rouge.
- CCA CAJUN CHAPTER BANQUET: 6 p.m., South Crowley KC Hall, Crowley. Dinner, live/silent auctions. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 Youths, $480 tables. Call CCA Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO &MDASH; S.T.A.R.: Summer-long saltwater fishing event through Labor Day. Sept. 3. Truck/boats for specially tagged redfish. Prizes in several species categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana, CCA membership/$25 entry fee required (no fee for Youth Division). Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- JUNE 7-8&MDASH; THE GULF OF MEXICO FISHERY MANAGEMENT COUNCIL MEETING: Special Reef Fish Committee, Gulf Council office, Suite 1100, 2203 N. Lois Ave., Tampa, Fla. Agenda items include stock methods, Generic Annual Catch Limits/Accountability Measures Amendment, vermilion snapper & mutton snapper update assessment. Call GMFMC (813) 348-1630.
- JUNE 7-9 &MDASH; SWOLFEST FISHING RODEO: Sand Dollar Marina, Grand Isle.
- JUNE 9 &MDASH; SAC-A-LAIT/BREAM FISHING WITH THE JIGGIN’ POLE CLASS: 7-11:30 a.m., J.B. Salter-taught Leisure Studies class, LSU, Baton Rouge. Fee $42/LSU Union/student members, $53/nonmembers. Hands-on & classroom instruction, artificial & live baits, patterns & area fishing hotspots. Call LSU Leisure Studies (225) 578-5119.
- JUNE 9-10—LOUISIANA FREE FISHING WEEKEND: No recreational license required for residents and nonresidents to fish in state freshwater and saltwater areas. Website: http://wlf.louisiana.gov.
- JUNE 8-10 &MDASH; UPLIFTING THE COAST FESTIVAL: State Fairgrounds, Airline Highway, Baton Rouge. Volunteers needed. Call Paul or Libby Foret (225) 268-4254. Email: libby@upliftingthe
- JUNE 9 &MDASH; YOUTH FISH FEST/LOUISIANA SALTWATER SERIES: 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Elmer’s Island, La. 1, Town of Grand Isle. Youths 16-and-under. No fee. Casting & cast-net lessons, fish tagging, crab races. Call Danica Williams (504) 628-7282.
- JUNE 16 &MDASH; LOUISIANA DELTA BRANCH/QDMA JOE HAMILTON FOUNDING FATHER’S FUN SHOOT: 8 a.m., Honey Brake gun Club, 2297 Diversion Canal Levee Rd., Jonesville. 4-shooter teams, 15-stand sporting clays. Fee $250/team, $85 individuals, includes lunch. Sponsorships available. Call Pail Ferrell (318) 792-1893.
AROUND THE CORNER