- CCA BAYOU CHAPTER BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Civic Center, Houma. Dinner, live/silent auctions. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 youths, $480 tables. Call CCA Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- BASSMASTER CENTRAL OPEN: Table Rock Lake, Branson, Mo. Second in three-tournament series to qualify winners for 2013 Bassmaster Classic. Website: http://www.bassmaster.com.
- ENVIRONMENTAL FILM SERIES: 6:30 p.m., 162 Croydon Ave., Baton Rouge. Film: Old Man River; May 4, Gasland. Sponsored by Louisiana Environmental Action Network & Lower Mississippi Riverkeeper. Website: http://www.leanweb.org.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS SERIES: 7 p.m.-midnight, False River, Public Landing, Morrison Parkway, New Roads. Weekly through Sept. 14. Weekly fee $30 per boat/1-2 anglers. 14-inch minimum size for bass. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- FLY TYING AT BASS PRO SHOPS: 9:30 a.m.-noon, Conference Room, Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Scott Gulle guest instructor. Call Ron Brooks (225) 271-3100.
- TOYOTA TUNDRA BASSMASTER WEEKEND SERIES/LOUISIANA DIVISION: Bayou Black Marina, Gibson. Fee $200/boater, $100/co-angler. Payout for 20 percent of field. Fourth in five-event series. Top 40 boaters/co-anglers qualify for Oct. 12-13 regional, Wright-Patman Lake. Series championship Nov. 7-10, Lake Sam Rayburn, Jasper, Texas. Call (888) 203-6222. Website: http://www.weekendseries.com.
- FLW OUTDOORS/BFL COWBOY DIVISION TOURNAMENT: Atchafalaya Basin, Belle River Public Landing, Belle River. Third in five-tournament series. Website: http://www.flwoutdoors.com.
- 3RD ANNUAL CADDO CONCLAVE: 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Caddo Lake State Park, Karnack, Texas. Programs, fly tying and rod building demos, bamboo rodmaking, exhibitors, canoe and kayak demos. Fishing on premises. Call Mike Hawkins (903) 757-7295. Website: http://www.easttexasflyfishers.org.
- INAUGURAL CARTER’S BASS TOURNAMENT: Legal daylight, 3 p.m. weigh-in, Manchac Public Landing, U.S. 51, Pass Manchac. Pick-your-partner event. Fee $150/team. $10 big-bass, $10 no-bass. Custom Gator Trax Boat first-place prize. Mandatory captain’s meeting 6:30 p.m., Thursday (April 26), Woodland Baptist Church, La. 1037, Springfield. Benefits Woodland Outdoor Ministries. Call Cory Forbes (225) 505-5678 or Brian Lockhart (225) 938-9262.
- 2ND ANNUAL FISH THE REEF KAYAKERS RODEO: 6-11 a.m., Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Research Lab, Grand Isle. No fee. Field limited to 30 fishing kayakers. Registration deadline 5 p.m., Tuesday (April 24). Email Jean Landry: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CAPITAL CITY BASS ELITE TEAMS TOURNAMENT: Spokane Landing, Lake St. John, Ferriday. $100/team tournament fee (members only). 100 percent payback. Fifth in eight-tournament series. Call Jesse Brooks (225) 241-4996. Website: http://www.capitalcitybassla.com.
- FIN-ADDICT FLY FISHERS MEETING: 6:30 p.m., Spahr’s Restaurant, 1400 W. Tunnel Blvd, Houma. Call Stephen Robert (985) 850-0082. Website: http://finaddictflyfishers.blogspot.com.
- WEDNESDAY EVENING BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, Maurepas. Pick-your-partner. 3-bass limit. Fee $40/boat. Weekly. Call Canal Bank Club (225) 698-9074.
AROUND THE CORNER
- MAY 3 &MDASH; CCA LAKE CHARLES BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Burton Coliseum, Lake Charles. Dinner & auctions. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 youths, $480 tables. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- MAY 3-6 &MDASH; BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: Douglas Lake Challenge, Dandridge, Tenn. Fourth in 8-tournament series to determine 2013 Bassmaster Classic qualifiers. Website: www.bassmaster.com.
- MAY 4 &MDASH; CCA LIVINGSTON CHAPTER BANQUET: 6 p.m., North Park Fitness Center, Denham Springs. Dinner & auctions. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 youths, $480 tables. Call Nolan Reynerson (225) 952-9200.
- MAY 5 &MDASH; LOUISIANA SALTWATER SPECKLED TROUT SERIES TOURNAMENT: Seabrook Harbor, 5801 France Rd. New Orleans. Pick-your-partners, trout-only, catch, weigh, release tournament. Firstin 2-event series. Sponsored by Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries. Website: http://www.lasaltwaterseries.com.
- MAY 6 &MDASH; DOIRON’S TEAM BASS TOURNAMENT: Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville. Pick-your-partner. Third in five-tournament series. Call Kim Landry (985) 384-3351.
- MAY 5 &MDASH; FLY FISHING 101 COURSE: Orvis Company Store, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. Hour-long instructions in casting & rigging for beginners. Other dates May 6, 12, 13, 26, 27, June 2, 3, 16, 17, 23 & 24. Limited class size. Reservations requested. Call Alex Beane (225) 757-7286. Website: http://www.orvis.com/ff101.
- MAY 11 &MDASH; 6TH ANNUAL ITALIAN AMERICAN FISHING RODEO: Breton Sound Marina, Hopedale. Fee $35 (anglers 14 & younger free). Redfish, Speckled Trout, White Trout, Flounder, Sheepshead & Drum divisions. First-place only in bass, redfish under 27-inches long & biggest fish/any fish divisions. Captain’s Party May 11. Benefits Children’s Hospital. Call Robbie Rabb (504) 957-4403 or Allen Catoire (504) 388-5625.
- TURKEY/REGULAR SEASON: Closed.
- LICENSED PRESERVES/PEN-RAISED BIRDS: Through April 30.
- SPRING SQUIRREL SEASON: May 5-27, private lands only. Reduced season on some wildlife management areas. Closed on most federal lands and refuges.
Email items to Outdoors@theadvocate.com.