- LOUISIANA ALL-STAR CLASSIC: June 29-30, Belleview District Park, Plaquemine. Boys 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13-15 age divisions. Fee $225. 3-game guarantee. Cal Ripkin/Babe Ruth rules. Call Dwayne Lambert (225) 279-6362. Email: Dwayne.email@example.com.
- TRYOUTS: Through June 30. Ages 11-12 fall travel team/Baton Rouge & surrounding areas. Call Chris Ordeneaux (225) 229-9198. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4TH ANNUAL BULLETS BASH: July 20-21, Stevens Park, Gonzales. 8-year-old kids-pitch tournament. Fee $200. Call Rusty Brooks (225) 335-2723. Email: email@example.com.
- LUNCH BUNCH: Noon, Tuesdays/Thursdays, Istrouma Baptist Church gym, Baton Rouge. No fee.
- BATON ROUGE RIVERBOAT BANDITS PRACTICES: 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays & Thursdays, Kenilworth Middle School, 7600 Boone St., Baton Rouge. Full-contact minor league football in Southern American Football League. Players 18 and older. No fee. Call (225) 324-4417 or (225) 938-8183.
- THE OAKS AT SHERWOOD SENIOR GOLF TOURNAMENT: 8 a.m. shotgun start, Wednesdays weekly, The Oaks at Sherwood GC, Sherwood Forest Avenue, Baton Rouge. Ages 50-64 & 65-older divisions. Fee $20 includes greens fee, cart, range balls & low net/low gross prizes. Call Billy Martin (225) 272-1141. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JUNIOR AMATEUR/LOUISIANA GOLF ASSOCIATION: July 10-12, TPC Louisiana, Westwego. Players must be LGA member with USGA Handicap Index. Online registration: http://www.LGAgolf.org. Call LGA office (337) 265-3938.
- LOUISIANA WOMEN’S GOLF ASSOCIATION/JUNIOR GIRLS CHAMPIONSHIP: July 10-11, Oak Wing GC, Alexandria. Online entry: http://www.lwgagolf.com. Call Cathy Campbell: (985) 785-2502.
- DSCC CATFISH 2-MAN TOURNAMENT: July 13-14, Denham Springs CC, Denham Springs. 2-player Stableford System w/handicap. Fee $250/team. Cash prizes. Call DSCC (225) 665-6437/(225) 603/2717.
- AJGT LOUISIANA PURPLE-AND-GOLD JUNIOR CLASSIC ENTRY DEADLINE: Noon July 19 for July 22-23 event, University CC, Baton Rouge. Junior players ages 11-18, 36 holes. Fee. $255. Call Owen Seiler (318) 402-2446. Website: http://www.arrowheadjgt.com.
- BREC CEDAR RIDGE 45-OLDER LEAGUES: 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays; 8:30-11 a.m. Wednesdays; 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays; 5-9 p.m. Sundays. 3 courts. Call Tom Burkhart (225) 752-5905/(225) 751-2563.
- ISO FUN NIGHT: 7-9 p.m. Tuesdays, Istrouma Baptist Church Gym, Baton Rouge. No reservations needed. Call ISO Sports (225) 295-0775 .
- BREC FORREST PARK: 6-8 p.m., Thursdays & 6-9 p.m., Fridays. 3 courts/all ages. Call Babe English (225) 753-9634.
- BREC HIGHLAND ROAD PARK: 9 a.m.-noon, Fridays. 2 courts. Call (225) 767-4003.
- BREC/YMCA HOWELL PLACE: 5-8 p.m., Sundays. 3 courts. Call Tom Burkhart (225) 752-5905.
- BREC LOVETT ROAD 21-AND-OLDER LEAGUE: 6-9 p.m. Mondays, Lovett Road Park, Central. 2 courts. Call Charles Welsh (225) 261-3621.
- HAPPY’S RUNNING CLUB: 6:15 p.m. June 25, Happy’s Irish Pub, Third Street. Fee $35 annual membership. Call Scott Higgins (225) 810-5124 or Michael Lang (225) 252-9621.
- FLEET FEET SUMMER RUNNING PROGRAM: 6 p.m. Mondays & Wednesdays through July 24, Fleet Feet Sports, Baton Rouge. Fee $80. Call Michelle LeBlanc (225) 448-2878. Email: email@example.com.
- BASF FREEDOM MILE: 8:30 a.m., July 4, Old State Capitol, Front Street, Baton Rouge. Point-to-point (Hollywood Casino to USS Kidd) 1-mile age-group run & half-mile Parent-Child fun run. Club South Runners event. Fees $10 & $12, $15 all after July 1. 7 a.m. race-day registration. Call Ben Cherbonnier (225) 927-9200.
- HUMP DAY 2-MILER & HALF-MILE YOUTH RUN: 6:45 p.m., July 10, Levee near LSU Vet School. Skip Bertman Drive at River Road, Baton Rouge. Sponsored by Club South Runners. Fees for non-CSR members. Registration 5:45 p.m. Third in five-run series. Website: www.clubsouthrunners.org
- LOUISIANA ASA A-DIVISION STATE TOURNAMENT: July 5-7, Oak Villa Complex, Baton Rouge. Girls 10-under through 18-under divisions. Fee $325. Entry deadline June 28. Pool play, then double elimination. Division winners advance to ASA/USA Nationals. Call Rose Dedon (225) 924-6591. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ASA GIRLS CLASS B LOUISIANA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS: July 5-7, North Oak Complex, Hammond. Girls 10-under through 18-under age divisions for league, league all-star & rec teams. Fee $325. Entry deadline July 1. Pool play then double elimination. Call Bill Skinner (225) 567-3364/(985) 507-0092.
- 17TH ANNUAL BIRD DEDON MEMORIAL & SCHOLARSHIP TOURNAMENT/ASA GOVERNOR’S GAMES: July 12-14, Oak Villa Complex, Baton Rouge. Girls 10-under through 18-under age divisions. Fee $175 plus umpire fee. Pool play then double elimination. Call Rose Dedon (225) 924-6591. Email: email@example.com.
- FRIDAY ONE-PITCH TOURNAMENT: June 28, McLin Fields/Gator Park, Satsuma. Men’s & Co-ed divisions. Fee $90/team. 4-game guarantee. Call Ronnie McLin (225) 276-8237/(225) 686-2418.
- BREC ADULT CO-REC SUNDAY LEAGUE TEAM REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 28 for July 14 league. Perkins Road Park, Baton Rouge. Ages 17-and-older. Fee $295/team. Call Richard Bentley-Smith (225) 273-6403 or Ashton Hawkins (225) 273-6402.
- The deadline for Fun & Fitness Calendar notices is 5 p.m. every Friday.
- Notices will be accepted four weeks in advance of the event.
- Submissions must be legibly handwritten or typed and must include activity/sport, date, time, site, entry fees, entry deadlines, the full name of contact person(s) and telephone numbers with area code. Only two contacts with telephone numbers/Email addresses will be published.
- SUBMIT NOTICES TO: Fun & Fitness Calendar, Advocate Sports, P.O. Box 588, Baton Rouge LA 70821. FAX (225) 388-0318. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.