- RIVER PARISHES CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Jerusalem Shrine Center, 1940 Ormond Blvd. Destrehan. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS TOURNAMENT: 7 p.m.-midnight, Morrison Parkway Public Landing. Fee $30/boat. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- FLY TYING CLASS: 9 a.m.-noon, Ascension Parish Library, 708 S. Irma Blvd. Gonzales. No fee. Basics of tying fresh and saltwater flies for bream, sac-a-lait, bass, redfish & speckled trout. Call Darrell Crawford (225) 644-7989.
- WALKER HIGH POWER LIFTING BIG BASS BASH: Dorion’s Landing, Stephensville. Fee $100. Open to all anglers. Call John Chaney (225) 413-5142.
- ORVIS FLY FISHING 201: 10 a.m.-noon, Orvis Shop, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. Advanced casting, rigging, knots. Also June 1 & 15. Call Orvis Shop (225) 757-7286.
- CAPITAL CITY BASS ELITE TEAMS TOURNAMENT: Lake View Lodge, Lake Concordia, Ferriday. $30 membership fee. $100/team. Call Jesse Brooks (225) 397-2071. Website: http://www.capitalcitybassla.com.
- 4TH ANNUAL BASS ON THE FLY: 6 a.m.-2 p.m., Lake Fork Marina, Lake Fork, Texas. Fee $55. Catch/Photo/Release tournament, 5 photos total length. Categories: boat, kayak/canoe, bank. Website: http://www.bassonthefly.org.
- MOTHER’S DAY
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Louisiana Resource Center for Educators, 5550 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge. Call Greg Brignac (225) 810-8645. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- CANAL BANK BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, 18499 La. 22. Maurepas. Fee $40/boat, $15/angler membership fee. $5 launch fee. Email Susan Carpenter: email@example.com.
AROUND THE CORNER
- MAY 16-18 — BASSMASTER SOUTHERN OPEN: Lake Logan Martin, Pell City, Ala. Last in series to qualify winner for 2014 Bassmaster Classic. Website: http://www.bassmaster.com.
- MAY 17-18 — STAN BROCK’S BLACK & GOLD CLASSIC: 8 a.m., May 17, Sporting Clays Shoot; May 18, Saltwater Fishing Rodeo. Bridge Side Marina, Grand Isle. Fees $2/target Sporting Clays (25-target minimum), $25/angler ($1,750/3-person teams sporting clays, guided fishing-rodeo trip with former New Orleans Saints player). Benefits Green Beret Foundation & Navy SEAL Fourndation. Call Bridge Side (985) 787-2419. Registration website: http://blackandgoldclassic.com.
- MAY 17-18 — SPRING CATCH-N-EAT FLY FISHING TRIP: Louisiana marsh fly-fishing trip. Sponsored by Red Stick Fly Fishers, Baton Rouge. Registration required. Call Randy Leonpacher (225) 769-1895. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- MAY 18 — ORVIS FLY FISHING 101: 10 a.m.-noon, Orvis Shop, Perkins Rowe, Baton Rouge. Beginners basics of casting, rigging, knots. Also May 25 & June 8. Call Orvis Shop (225) 757-7286.
- MAY 18 — HIGH POWER RIFLE XTC REGIONAL MATCH COURSE: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. NRA-approved 200-, 300- & 600-yard tournament. Open to public. Fees, $12/adult, $5/junior (members), $15/adult, $5/junior (nonmembers). 80 rounds. Call Jay D. Hunt (985) 768-8469. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: http://www.PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- MAY 18 — 4TH ANNUAL CADDO CONCLAVE: 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Caddo Lake State Park, Karnack, Texas. Programs, fly tying demos, bamboo rodmaking, canoe and kayak demos. Fishing on premises. Call Mike Hawkins (903) 757-7295. Website: http://www.easttexasflyfishers.org.
- MAY 18 & MAY 19 — IFA REDFISH & IFA KAYAK TOUR/LOUISIANA: Empire. Redfish IFA May 18. Kayak IFA May 19. Qualifier for respective Oct. 24-26 & Oct. 17-19 IFA championships, Houma. Call (478) 836-4266. Website: http://www.IFAredfishtour.com.
- MAY 19 — DOIRON’S TEAM BASS TOURNAMENT: Doiron’s Landing, Stephensville. Pick-your-partner. Third in five-tournament series. Call Larry Doiron (985) 397-3113.
- MAY 22 — TANGI CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Twelve Oaks, 500 West Texas Ave., Hammond. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- MAY 23 — POINTE COUPEE CCA BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Scott Memorial Civic Center, New Roads. Call CCA (225) 952-9200.
- MAY 17-18 7TH-ANNUAL ITALIAN-AMERICAN FISHING RODEO: Breton Sound Marina, Hopedale. Fee $20 (no fee children 14 & younger). Adult Division, Redfish, Speckled Trout, White Trout, Flounder, Sheepshead, Black Drum, Bass, Redfish under 27 inches, Biggest Fish; Children’s Division, Speckled Trout, Redfish under 27 inches, Black Drum, Sheepshead & Redfish with most spots. Sponsorships available. Call Robbie Rabb (504) 957-4403 or Allen Catoire (504) 388-5625.
- MAY 24-26 — 17TH-ANNUAL GRAND ISLE SPECKLED TROUT RODEO: Bridge Side Marina, Grand Isle. 8-daily awards in Speckled Trout. Other categories: Redfish, “Rat” Redfish, Flounder, Sheepshead, Cobia, Mangrove Snapper, Black Drum & White Trout. Louisiana Master Speckled Trout Angler of the Year event. Includes Youth/12-younger Division. Call Bridge Side Marina (985) 787-2419 or Bob Sevin (985) 787-2968.
- MAY 25 — S.T.A.R.: Opening day, summer-long saltwater fishing event. Truck/boats for specially tagged redfish. Prizes in several specie categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana. Through Sept. 2. Entry fee & CCA membership required. Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- MAY 31-JUNE 1 — 16TH ANNUAL SAVE OUR LAKE & COAST FISHING RODEO: 2-5 p.m. May 31 & noon-4 p.m. June 1, Kenner Boat Launch, Williams Boulevard, Kenner. Pontchartrain Basin fishing area. Fees $40 adult rodeo & Kayak divisions, $15 youth rodeo. 8 species, Big Kahuna, Kayak Kahuna, Biggest Crab & 5-trout stringer categories. In conjunction with Mau 31-June 2 Back to the Beach Fest. Call (504) 836-2205. Website: http://www.saveourlake.org.
- HUNTING SEASONS
- SPRING SQUIRREL: Saturday, opening day, through May 26. Daily limit 3. Possession limit 6 after opening day. Private lands only & selected state wildlife management areas. Closed areas include Kisatchie National Forest lands, national wildlife refuges & USACE lands.
Have an event? Email: email@example.com.