- CCA LOUISIANA STATE CONVENTION: Hotel Acadiana, 1801 W. Pinhook Rd., Lafayette. Workshops, speakers, Hall of Fame ceremony & Chapter Cook-off. Call David Cresson (225) 588-4823.
- FLY FISHING 101: 8:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Waddill Outdoors Education Center, 4142 North Flannery Rd., Baton Rouge. Open to public. No fee. Preregistration requested. Hands-on instruction in casting, leaders, knots, fly tying. Includes lunch, refreshments. Sponsored By Red Stick Fly Fishers. Call Dugan Sabins (225) 766-4060. Website: http://www.rsff.org.
- 3D ARCHERY TOURNAMENT: 8:30-10:30 a.m., Waddill Outdoor Education Center, 4142 Flannery Rd., Baton Rouge. Fees $20 adults, $5 children. Divisions available for all ages, skill levels. Sponsored by Tango Archery Club. Call Ralph Sibley (225) 413-1917.
- HIGH POWER RIFLE XTC REGIONAL MATCH COURSE: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. NRA-approved 200-, 300- & 600-yard tournament. Open to public. Fees, $12/adult, $5/junior (members), $15/adult, $5/junior (nonmembers). Eighty rounds. Call Jay D. Hunt (985) 768-8469. Email email@example.com. Website: http://www.PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- CAPITAL CITY BASS ELITE TEAMS TOURNAMENT: Neely’s Spokane Resort, Lake St. John, Ferriday. $30 membership fee. $100/team tournament fee, 100 percent payback. First in eight-tournament series. Call Jesse Brooks (225) 397-2071. Website: http://www.capitalcitybassla.com.
- FLW SOUTHERN CONFERENCE COLLEGE BASS TOURNAMENT: Toledo Bend, Paradise Point Park, Hemphill, Texas. 1:30 p.m. weigh-in. Second of four events. Louisiana (2-angler) teams: LSU (2 teams), Louisiana-Lafayette (2), Southeastern Louisiana, LSU-Shreveport (2), Louisiana Tech, McNeese State University & Louisiana-Monroe. Website: http://www.FLWOutdoors.com.
- 11TH ANNUAL LITTLE MO FLY FISHING FEST: 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Community Hall, Murfreesboro, Ark. Programs, casting, exhibitors and fly tiers from Ark.-La.-Tex. Call Jeff Guerin (985) 531-6312. Website: www.littlemissouriflyfishing.com.
- LOUISIANA SHOOTING ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Cabela’s, Gonzales.
AROUND THE CORNER
- FEB. 22-24 — 74TH ANNUAL LOUISIANA WILDLIFE FEDERATION CONVENTION: Embassy Suites, Baton Rouge. Includes Feb. 23 49th annual Governor’s State Conservation Awards Banquet. Call LWF (225) 344-6707. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FEB. 22-24 — BASSMASTER CLASSIC: Grand Lake of The Cherokees, Tulsa, Okla.
- FEB. 22-24 — BASSMASTER CLASSIC OUTDOORS EXPO: Noon-8 p.m. Feb. 22; 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Feb. 23; 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Feb. 24, Tulsa, Okla. No fee.
- FEB. 23 — LA. BULLS EYE CONVENTIONAL PISTOL MATCH: 9 a.m., Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. Timed & Rapid-fire match, NRA rules, .22 rimfire, .22 centerfire & .45 ACP pistols. Fee $7. Call Skip Blanchard (504) 427-0050. Email: email@example.com.
- FEB. 23 — FLY TYING AT BASS PRO SHOPS: 9:30 a.m.-noon, Conference Room, Bass Pro Shops, Denham Springs. Call Ron Brooks (225) 271-3100.
- FEB. 23 — ARBOR DAY CELEBRATION: 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Burden Center, 4560 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge. Includes 5-K “Fun Hike,” tree scavenger hunt. Fee $5.
- FEB. 23 — 26TH ANNUAL ACADIANA FLY FISHERS CONCLAVE: 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Grace Presbyterian Church, 518 Roselawn Blvd., Lafayette. Free. Programs, tying, exhibitors, casting clinics. Sponsored by the Acadiana Fly Rodders. Call Barry Dauphin (337) 873-8912. Website: HTTP://www.laflyfish.com.
- FEB. 24 — SOUTH LOUISIANA HIGHPOWER CLUB MATCH: 8:30 a.m., Ascension Parish Sheriff’s Range, 9300 St. Landry Rd. Gonzales. NRA 200-yard match course. Fee $12 members, $15 nonmembers, $5 juniors. $15 annual membership in Civilian Marksmanship Program. Call George Serrett; (225) 272-3538. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FEB. 23 — 2ND ANNUAL MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS OPEN BASS: 4 a.m. check-in at Spillway Sportsman, Brusly; Wal-Mart, U.S. 90, Luling; Gator Corner, La. 69 at La. 70; St. James Boat Club, U.S. 61, Gramercy. Open waters, pick-your-partner tournament. 3 p.m. weigh-in, St. James Boat Club. Call Tommy Bourgeois (225) 206-1676 or Jeff Bourgeois (225) 715-1198. Website applications: http://www.theriverparishateam.com.
- FEB. 23 — LIVINGSTON PARK LIMBHANGERS/NWTF CHAPTER BANQUET: 6 p.m., North Park Recreation Center, Denham Springs. Meal, live/silent auctions, door prizes. Call Karla Howell (225) 572-8651. Email: email@example.com.
- SQUIRRELS/RABBITS/QUAIL: Statewide through Feb. 28.
- SNIPE/EAST, WEST & COASTAL WATERFOWL ZONES: Second split through Feb. 28.
- CONSERVATION ORDER GEESE/EAST, WEST & COASTAL ZONES: Through March 9. Take restricted to blue, snow and Ross’ geese only. No daily nor possession limits. Hunters allowed to use electronic calls & unplugged shotguns. Special hours one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset.
- TURKEY/YOUTH & PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED WEEKEND: March 16-17, private lands only in State Turkey Areas A, B & C. Shooting hours: One-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset. Limit: 1 per day. State turkey tags must be used.
- TURKEY: Area A lands, March 23-April 21; Area B lands, March 23-April 14; Area A lands, March 23-April 7. Limit: 1 per day, 2 per season. State turkey tags must be used.
Have an outdoors item or event? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org