- LOUISIANA WILDLIFE & FISHERIES COMMISSION MEETING: 9:30 a.m., Louisiana Room, Wildlife & Fisheries headquarters, Baton Rouge.
- CCA CAJUN CHAPTER BANQUET: 6 p.m., South Crowley KC Hall, Crowley. Dinner, live/silent auctions. Tickets $60, $30 spouse, $25 youth, $480 tables. Call CCA Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
- THE GULF OF MEXICO FISHERY MANAGEMENT COUNCIL MEETING: Special Reef Fish Committee, Gulf Council office, Suite 1100, 2203 N. Lois Ave., Tampa, Fla. Agenda includes stock methods, Generic Annual Catch Limits/Accountability Measures Amendment, vermilion snapper and mutton snapper update assessment. Call GMFMC (813) 348-1630.
- SWOLFEST FISHING RODEO: Sand Dollar Marina, Grand Isle. Weighstation times: 4-6:30 p.m. Friday & Saturday. Awards ceremony 8 p.m. Saturday. Website: http://www.swollfest.com.
- BASSMASTER ELITE SERIES: Toledo Bend Battle, Many. Fifth in 8-tournament series to determine 2013 Bassmaster Classic qualifiers. Top 50 compete in Saturday. Top 12 anglers in Sunday, June 10 finals. Website: http://www.bassmaster.com/.
- FRIDAY NIGHT COOKIE JAR BASS SERIES: 7 p.m.-midnight, False River, Public Landing, Morrison Parkway, New Roads. Weekly through Sept. 14. Weekly fee $30 per boat/1-2 anglers. 14-inch minimum size for bass. Call Guy Perkins (225) 293-3402.
- UPLIFTING THE COAST FESTIVAL: State Fairgrounds, Airline Highway, Baton Rouge. Volunteers needed. Music, seafood, rides, ATVs, silent auction. Admission $5 (under 10 free). Hours: 4-10 p.m. Friday; 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday; 11 a.m.-8:30 p.m. Sunday. Call Paul or Libby Foret (225) 268-4254. Email: email@example.com.
- YOUTH FISH FEST/LOUISIANA SALTWATER SERIES: 8 a.m.-1 p.m., Elmer’s Island, La. 1, Town of Grand Isle. Youths 16-and-under. No fee. Casting and cast-net lessons, fish tagging, crab races. Preregistration requested. Call Danica Williams (504) 628-7282.
- SAC-A-LAIT/BREAM FISHING WITH THE JIGGIN’ POLE CLASS: 7-11:30 a.m., J.B. Salter-taught Leisure Studies class, LSU, Baton Rouge. Fee $42/LSU Union/student members, $53/nonmembers. Hands-on and classroom instruction; artificial and live baits; patterns; and area fishing hotspots. Call LSU Leisure Studies (225) 578-5119.
- FLY TYING CLASS: 9 a.m.-noon, Ascension Parish Library, 708 S. Irma Blvd. Gonzales. No fee. Basics of tying fresh and saltwater flies (bendbacks, poppin’ bugs, crickets, spoon flies, sardines). Call Darrell Crawford (225) 644-7989.
- PRECISION RIFLE MATCH: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. 600-yard match. Website: http://PaloAltoGunClub.com.
- TOYOTA TUNDRA BASSMASTER WEEKEND SERIES/TEXAS EAST DIVISION: Log Cabin Launch, Cedar Creek, Texas. Fourth in five-event series. Fee $200/boater, $100/co-angler. Call (888) 203-6222. Website: http://www.weekendseries.com/.
- FLW OUTDOORS/BFL COWBOY DIVISION TOURNAMENT: Bayou Black Marina, Gibson. Fourth in five-tournament series. Website: http://www.flwoutdoors.com/.
- LOUISIANA FREE FISHING WEEKEND: No recreational license required for residents and nonresidents to fish in state freshwater and saltwater areas. Website: http://wlf.louisiana.gov/.
- RED STICK FLY FISHERS PROGRAM: 7 p.m., Wildlife & Fisheries Headquarters, Quail Drive, Baton Rouge. Regular monthly program. Call Dan Weber (225) 892-4352. Website: http://www.rsff.org/.
- WEDNESDAY EVENING BASS TOURNAMENT: 5 p.m., Canal Bank Club, Diversion Canal, Maurepas. Pick-your-partner. Three-bass limit. Fee $40/boat. Weekly. Call Canal Bank Club (225) 698-9074.
THURSDAY, JUNE 14
- CCA CENLA CHAPTER BANQUET: 5:30 p.m., Riverfront Center, 707 Main St., Alexandria. Tickets $60, $30 spouses, $25 Youths, $480 tables. Call CCA office (225) 952-9200.
- STATEWIDE TOURNAMENT & ANGLERS’ RODEO: Summer-long saltwater fishing event through Labor Day. Sept. 3. Truck/boats for tagged redfish. Prizes in species categories. Sponsored by CCA-Louisiana, CCA membership/$25 entry fee required (no fee for Youth Division). Call CCA-Louisiana (225) 952-9200.
AROUND THE CORNER
- JUNE 16 &MDASH; LOUISIANA DELTA BRANCH/QDMA JOE HAMILTON FOUNDING FATHER’S FUN SHOOT: 8 a.m., Honey Brake gun Club, 2297 Diversion Canal Levee Rd., Jonesville. 4-shooter teams, 15-stand sporting clays. Fee $250/team, $85 individuals, includes lunch. Sponsorships available. Call Pail Ferrell (318) 792-1893.
- JUNE 16 &MDASH; FALSE RIVER BASS TRAIL TOURNAMENT: Netterville’s Landing, Lake Bruin. Sixth in 9-tournament, pick-your-partner series. $60 membership fee. $40 tournament fee. Call Kenny Mix (225) 638-4312.
- JUNE 16 &MDASH; ACROSS THE COURSE MATCH: Palo Alto Rifle & Pistol Club, Donaldsonville. Nra-Approved 200-, 300- & 600-yard tournament. Open to public. Fees $12/adult, $5/junior (members), $15/adult, $5/junior (nonmembers). 80 rounds. Call Jay Hunt (985) 768-8469. Email jdhunt3@yahoo.Com. Website: paloaltogunclub.com.
- JUNE 17 — Father’s Day
- JUNE 22-23 &MDASH; CATHOLIC HIGH ALUMNI FISHING RODEO: Moran’s Marina, Grand Isle. Open & Youth divisions. 5-fish “calcuttas” in mangrove snapper & speckled trout. Call Catholic High (225) 383-0459.
- JUNE 22-24—GRAND ISLE FLY FISHING WEEKEND: Grand Isle. Sponsored by South Louisiana & Mississippi fly-fishing clubs. Registration required. Call Randy Leonpacher (225) 769-1895 or Barry Dauphin (337) 873-8912.
- JUNE 16 &MDASH; 2ND-ANNUAL KINGS’ KOVE YOUTH FISHING RODEO: 7:30-11:30 a.m., King’s Kove, Duncan Road, Amite. 17-and-younger anglers. Must be accompanied by parent/guardian, bank-fishing only, all 13-and-younger must wear life jackets near water. Live bait or artificial lures. No $10/youngster. Bass, Catfish, Crappie, Bream & “trashfish” categories. 5-fish maximum per category per angler. Sponsored by Acacia Shriners. King’s Kove is off La. 16, 1.7 miles east off La. 51 (north off La. 16 to gravel road, then two-tenths of a mile). Call Skip King (985) 320-1891 or Acacia Shrine Center (225) 926-4814.
- JULY 6-7 &MDASH; 64TH-ANNUAL GOLDEN MEADOW-FOURCHON TARPON RODEO: Fourchon Marina, Fourchon. Weighstation hours: July 6, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. July 6; July 7, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Children’s Division; 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Scuba Division; 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Hook & Line divisions. Tickets $25 adults, $10 youths (ages 4-12). Call Chris Moran (225) 931-7306. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JULY 10 &MDASH; AMERICA’S BOATING COURSE: 6:30-8:30 p.m., LSU Leisure Class, Baton Rouge. 2-hour, four-session course meets June 10, 17, 24, 31. Baton Rouge Sail & Power Squadron course qualifies for state Safe Boating Education/Certificate course. Call LSU Union (225) 578-5119. Website: http://www.lsu.edu/leisureclasses.