Beginning Monday, the state will start processing disaster food stamp applications for East Baton Rouge Parish residents affected by Hurricane Isaac.
The state Department of Children and Family Services said six sites will be open to approve benefits that will help residents replace groceries following power outages.
From 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday, people with last names beginning with the letters A through C can have their applications processed. Last names D through G will be seen Tuesday; H through L on Wednesday; M through R on Thursday; and S through Z on Friday.
Area sites are:
- Southern University F.G. Clark Activity Center, Harding Boulevard.
- Former Sam’s Club, 7685 Airline Highway.
- Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church, 9700 Scenic Highway.
- Healing Place Church, 19202 Highland Road.
- Former Walmart, 14740 Plank Rd., Baker.
- Lamar-Dixon Expo Center, 9030 S. Landry Rd., Gonzales.