Police: Second suspect arrested in April 18 home invasion, shooting Police: Second suspect arrested in April 18 home invasion, shooting Desmond Johnson Ryan Broussard| firstname.lastname@example.org May 20, 2014 Comments Baton Rouge police on Monday arrested a man suspected of being part of a group that kicked in the door to a Progress Street home on April 18, fired at some of the residents and burglarized the home. Desmond Johnson, 20, 2365 Iroquois St., Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on two counts of attempted first-degree murder and one count each of illegal use of a weapon and aggravated burglary, Cpl. Don Coppola Jr., a police spokesman, said. Police previously arrested Kevin Wayne Guillory Jr., 22, 7880 Bayou Fountain Ave., Baton Rouge, for his suspected role in the incident and booked him on two counts of attempted first-degree murder and one count each of aggravated burglary and illegal use of a weapon. Both Guillory and Johnson were picked out of a police lineup by one of the witnesses as two of the men who burglarized the home, Coppola said. Guillory, Johnson and at least three other people allegedly kicked in the door to the home in the 900 block of Progress Street and began shooting, Coppola said. One woman was shot and wounded as she tried to flee with her son, Coppola said. Guillory later showed up at a hospital dressed in all black, like the clothing witnesses said the attackers wore, with a gunshot wound to his leg, Coppola said, though he was unsure who shot Guillory. In a text message sent by Guillory the day before the shooting, he told someone that he planned on acquiring a “choppa,” a slang term used to describe assault rifles, police have said. Investigators found an assault rifle near the Progress Street home after the shooting, police have said. Investigators also learned that Guillory sent a text message after the shooting that read, “No weed in da house,” police have said.