Two firefighters injured battling Livingston house fire Two firefighters injured battling Livingston house fire Advocate photo by Tim Elsea -- Two firefighters were injured late Friday fighthing a house fire on Caney Branch Road in Livingston Parish. Gas and oil on the garage floor of the home made the fire so hot it melted the face mask and boots of one of the firefighters. Advocate staff report| March 05, 2014 Comments Updated at 3:07 p.m. — A Livingston Parish house fire burned so intensely Friday night that it melted the boots and mask of one firefighter and caused another to be overcome by heat. The melted left boot injured the foot of the firefighter, but his face was not burned, Chief Joe Koczrowski of Livingston Parish Fire Department No. 5 said on Saturday morning. Both firefighters were sent to Baton Rouge General Medical Center-Mid City’s Burn Unit but have been discharged, he said. Koczrowski said Saturday afternoon that both firefighters were doing fine. The one who suffered the injury to his foot is up and walking, while the one who was overheated was still a little dehydrated but otherwise fine. Firefighters were sent to 30947 Caney Branch Road for a vehicle fire Friday night, but it quickly spread to the house, causing a total loss, Koczrowski said. He estimated the damage, including a restored 1966 Mustang and a minivan, at $330,000. Firefighters were called to the scene at 10:06 p.m. Friday and had the fire extinguished by 3:46 a.m., Koczrowski said. The fire burned so hot because of gas and oil in the garage, Koczrowski said. The firefighter whose boots melted was trying to get into the garage. Everyone in the house got out uninjured, he said. The fire started when a 9-year-old boy playing with matches accidentally set fire to a bag of clothes in the garage, Koczrowski said.