A Lafayette police dog chased down an armed robbery suspect Friday night, trapping him under a house on St. Charles Street until officers were able to arrest the man.
The chase followed the robbery of the Dollar General Store on West Willow Street around 9 p.m. and ended with the arrest of Jacolby Boutte, 20, said Cpl. Paul Mouton, a Lafayette police spokesman.
Boutte was booked into Lafayette Parish Correctional Center on counts of armed robbery, unauthorized use of a moveable, resisting arrest and conspiracy to distribute cocaine, Mouton said in a news release.
Boutte had an accomplice in the robbery who was able to elude police after the pair abandoned a stolen pickup on Ransome Street, Mouton said.
Police have not identified Boutte’s alleged accomplice.
Mouton provided this account of the robbery:
Two men — one police later identified as Boutte — entered the Dollar General Store in the 1100 block of West Willow Street wearing masks and at least one pulled out a handgun. They then stole money from the store’s cash register and fled.
Responding officers noticed a white Chevrolet pickup fleeing the scene and pursued it until the two abandoned it and fled on foot as officers and a police dog gave chase.
Police ask anyone with information about the incident to call them or Crime Stoppers at (337) 232-8477.
Arrests posted Dec. 28, 2013, on the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s website:
- KEVIN JAMES ALEXANDER: 36, of the 400 block of Felecie Street, Lafayette. He was booked on possession of firearm or carrying concealed weapon by a person convicted of felonies.
- SHANTEL MARIE ALEXANDER: 30, of the 300 block of E. Alexander, Lafayette. She was booked on disturbing the peace.
- TONY ANTHONY BONNET: 51, of the 1100 block of S. Pierce Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on shoplifting.
- DARRELL JOSEPH BOUTTE: 51, of the 800 block of S. Magnolia Street, Lafayette. He was booked on unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and resisting an officer.
- SKYLER M. HARRIS: 21, of the 2900 block of Lake Street, Lake Charles. She was booked on disturbing the peace, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and misdemeanor prostitution.
- JOSHUA JOSEPH HEBERT: 22, of the 5800 block of Standardmill Road, Rayne. He was booked on resisting an officer.
Gerry John Lasseigne: 29, of the 200 block of Lagneaux Road, Duson. He was booked on misdemeanor domestic abuse battery.
- LARRY PAUL OREBO: 23, of the 100 block of Constantine Road, Duson. He was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule III narcotics, misdemeanor possession of marijuana, resisting an officer and two counts of warrant/bench warrant.
- CARLISS LEE PREJEAN: 28, of the 100 block of Collins Street, Carencro. He was booked on parole violation.
- CHAD AARON ROBERTSON: 23, of the 200 block of Wood Duck Drive, Lafayette. He was booked on masks or hoods, wearing in public places prohibited; permit to conduct Mardi Gras festivities, how obtained; wearing of hoods, masks, or disguises or giving of candy or other gifts by sex offenders.
- KYLIE MARIE ROMERO: 29, of the 10704 block of Highway 14, Delcambre. She was booked on two counts of illegal use of controlled dangerous substances in the presence of persons under 17 years old, misdemeanor possession of marijuana and two counts of prohibited activities (drug paraphernalia).
- MICHAEL BLAINE SIMONEAUX: 41, of the 800 block of D Kilchrist Road, Carencro. He was booked on distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule II narcotics; distribution or possession with intent to distribute Schedule III narcotics; three counts of hold for St. Landry; and warrant/bench warrant.
- STEPHEN BASILE SONNIER II: 24, of the 100 block of Rue Des Cannes Street, Maurice. He was booked on disturbing the peace, open alcohol container downtown district and resisting an officer.
Jamie Lee Tolliver: 23, of the 1000 block of Carolyn Rose Drive, Breaux Bridge. He was booked on disobeying a stop sign/light, drag racing, misdemeanor operating a vehicle while intoxicated, not having a driver’s license and resisting an officer.