7 booked on terrorizing counts
Seven men riding in a blue pickup down Third Street early Friday morning were arrested for terrorizing after some of the truck’s passengers hung out of windows and swung belts at passersby.
One person in the truck, Julio Tellez, 35, 425 Cartagena Drive, Corpus Christi, Texas, also was arrested on a count of aggravated assault after he allegedly waved a handgun around, said Cpl. L’Jean McKneely, a Baton Rouge police spokesman.
Police eventually stopped the truck at Third and Laurel streets, and arrested everyone in the truck, McKneely said.
Police officers booked the following men into Parish Prison on terrorizing counts, booking records show:
Jose Gonzalez, 24, 936 Halsey St., Houston, Texas.
Joseph Gonzales, 23, 2254 County Road 529, Alvin, Texas.
Mark Martinez, 26, 8936 GSRI Ave., Baton Rouge.
Evelio Morales, 27, 8600 Woodway Road, Houston, Texas.
Oliver Osuna, 33, 1715 Thurow St., Houston, Texas.
Damian Rocha, 25, 14009 Waxahachie St., Houston, Texas.
Tellez, Martinez and Gonzalez also were booked on counts of resisting an officer, Parish Prison records show.
Authorities book seven accused of DWI
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Gina Collier, 21, 1443 Brightside Drive, first-offense DWI, failure to yield and reckless operation.
- Emily Dayries, 26, 14086 Airline Highway, Gonzales, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, car insurance required and driving over a median.
- Rachel Doucet, 21, 1741 Brightside Drive, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Rose Joseph, 50, 2001 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driving with a suspended driver’s license and careless operation.
- Oscar Reyes, 31, 7001 Harry Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and an equipment violation.
- Breanna St. Pe, 19, 10016 Nanterre Court, Madisonville, first-offense DWI and a stop sign/yield sign violation.
- Stephanie Thornton, 31, 7626 Airline Highway, first-offense DWI, driving without a license, reckless operation and equipment violation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.