No injuries reported in fire on North 29th St.
Baton Rouge fire investigators searched for the cause of a small house fire that erupted Tuesday morning on North 29th Street.
Fire Department spokesman Curt Monte said firefighters were called to a duplex at 948 N. 29th St. at 11:35 a.m. when neighbors noticed smoke coming out of the wall and alerted the duplex’s occupants who were outside.
Firefighters arrived three minutes after getting the call and had the fire extinguished at 11:47 a.m., Monte said.
The fire was contained to the area where it began and the rest of the home received smoke damage, Monte said.
No injuries were reported, Monte said.
Five people booked on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Monday and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Brandon Bigner, 19, 8240 Governor Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, motor vehicle inspection required, right turn on red prohibited, disobeying a control device and improper turn.
- Thomas Burke, 21, 3 Hunter’s Ridge Court, Houston, first-offense DWI, speeding and throwing litter from a vehicle.
- Aubrey Carroll, 33, 7694 Janelle Drive, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, failure to yield on a left turn and reckless operation.
- Robert Powell, 47, 11781 Red Fox Drive, Maple Grove, Minn., first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and stop sign/yield sign violation.
- Bobby Reagan, 58, 17436 Blackwater Road, Zachary, first-offense DWI and careless operation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.