People become victims after running out of gas
Baton Rouge police arrested an 18-year-old man Wednesday accused of robbing a group of people at gunpoint May 11 after their vehicle ran out of gas.
Police booked Johndell Raymond Taylor, 2931 Winnebago St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on armed robbery and fugitive counts, prison records show.
Raymond is accused of offering to help some of the people whose vehicle had just run out of gas on Prescott Road, and then ordering the victims to give him all their money, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
The victims were robbed of $300 and a cellphone, the affidavit says.
Man arrested 15 years after crimes occurred
A man accused of inappropriately touching two young girls on several occasions almost 15 years ago was arrested Wednesday.
Baton Rouge police booked Maurice Bernard Jones, 45, 1159 N. 30th St., Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on sex crimes against a child, prison records show.
The victim told authorities that the last time any of the acts took place was in April of 2000, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Man arrested in theft of 30-year-old car
Baton Rouge police arrested a man Thursday in the theft of a 30-year-old car and the attempted shooting of another man with a rifle.
Terry Lee Allen, 6061 Plank Road, Baton Rouge, into Parish Prison on counts of theft of a motor vehicle and attempted second-degree murder, according to affidavits of probable cause.
Police officers responded to the 6000 block of Evangeline Street early Thursday morning where they found a man who said Allen had pointed a rifle at him and pulled the trigger several times, an affidavit says.
Allen later told police he had pointed the gun at the victim and pulled the trigger several times, an affidavit says.
Police also found a stolen 1983 Oldsmobile Delta 88 nearby where the attempted shooting took place, which Allen also admitted to stealing, an affidavit says.
Seven people booked in parish with DWI
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Ethan Cart, 21, 36041 Beverly Hills Drive, Prairieville, first-offense DWI and possession of Schedule I drugs.
- Christopher Hall, 26, 659 Maxine Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, an equipment violation, failure to signal and driving without a license.
- Edward Johnson, 25, 4795 Avenue G, Zachary, first-offense DWI and driving left of center.
- Jacob Kennedy, 19, 328 E. Shannon Lane, Harahan, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, a turning violation and purchasing alcohol by a person under 21.
- Beau Martin, 18, 18764 Old Perkins Road, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, possession of marijuana, driver’s license suspended or revoked, headlights required and purchasing alcohol for a minor.
- Caleb Rigmaiden, 19, 2521 14th St., Lake Charles, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
- Erice Stephens, 33, 1135 Louisiana Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and possession of alcohol in a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports