Woman, 80, accused of stealing $500
An 80-year-old woman is accused of stealing $500 on Wednesday from an unattended wallet at the Belle of Baton Rouge Casino.
Betty Alexander, 74535 South Dykes Road, Kentwood, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on theft counts, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Video surveillance showed Alexander stealing five $100 bills from a wallet left near a slot machine, the affidavit says.
Alexander was also booked on counts of possession of Schedule III drugs, prison records show, but the affidavit did not mention any drugs.
Police arrest 2 in meth lab case
Baton Rouge police on Wednesday arrested two Baton Rouge residents accused of operating a meth lab in a hotel room near Airline Highway and Interstate 12.
Dawn Elizabeth Hooge, 32, 15214 Jester Ave., and Vyrakone Inthavong, 35, 13825 Katherine Ave., were booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on counts of creation/operation of a drug lab and possession with intent to distribute Schedule II drugs, according to affidavits of probable cause.
Police found coffee filters, a cold pack, a crystal drain opener, a mirror, a razor blade and a straw inside a hotel room at the Microtel Hotel, 10311 Plaza Americana Drive, Baton Rouge, the affidavits say.
Detectives also found methamphetamine residue on a digital scale, inside plastic baggies and on the mirror, the affidavits say.
Drug investigations net four arrests
The Baton Rouge Police Department’s BRAVE Unit and narcotics agents conducted several drug investigations recently that led to multiple arrests. Those arrested and the counts against them:
Ricardo Phillips, 31, 5784 Howell Park Ave., three counts of possession with intent to distribute Schedule I drugs, two counts of possession with intent to distribute Schedule II drugs, possession with intent to distribute Schedule III drugs, possession of a firearm with drugs and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Randy Phillips, 29, 9213 Prescott Road, two counts of possession with intent to distribute Schedule I drugs, and possession with intent to distribute Schedule II drugs.
Kenneth Sterling, 28, 3030 Congress Blvd., possession with intent to distribute Schedule I drugs.
Jonathan Shaffer, 52, 7104 Meadow Park, possession with intent to distribute Schedule II drugs.
Agents seized one handgun, 5.6 ounces of marijuana, less than two-tenths of an ounce each of synthetic marijuana, crack cocaine, powder cocaine, and heroin, four foil packs of heroin, more than 80 Oxycodone and Lortab pills, and more than $600.
BR man charged with sexual battery
Baton Rouge police on Wednesday arrested a 32-year-old man accused of groping a woman while she slept on June 1.
Christopher Glenn Strickland, 11011 Cal Road, Baton Rouge, was booked into Parish Prison on counts of sexual battery and simple battery, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Glenn walked into a bedroom where the victim was sleeping, removed some of her clothing and touched her inappropriately, the affidavit says.
The victim told detectives that Glenn also forced her to touch him inappropriately, the affidavit says.
8 people booked on DWI in EBR
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Anthony Adducci, 21, 3442 West Quail Haven Circle, Tucson, Ariz., first-offense DWI, reckless operation and cutting across private property.
- Ryan Andree, 35, 805 West Roosevelt Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, speeding and improper lane usage.
- Sumner Bell, 42, 2937 N. Ardenwood Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal while turning and improper lane usage.
- Courtney Cox, 24, 515 Gardere Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and careless operation.
- Perry Horton, 43, 7626 Airline Highway, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, public intimidation, driver’s license required and resisting an officer.
- Antonio Meariday, 38, 3526 Chippewa St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, stop sign/yield sign violation, driver’s license suspended or revoked, seat belt violation and reckless operation.
- Brock Turnbull, 22, 4024 Platt Drive, Kenner, first-offense DWI, disobeying a red light, driving over a median and reckless operation.
- Jordan Wright, 24, 5147 Canterdale Ave., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation and cutting across private property.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.