Woman, 28, accused
of stabbing boyfriend
East Baton Rouge sheriff’s deputies on Thursday arrested a 28-year-old woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend multiple times during an extended argument.
Chaiquana Dianta Moore, 405 S. Sixth St., Ferriday, was booked into Parish Prison on counts of attempted second-degree murder, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Moore is accused of chasing her boyfriend down the street, yelling that she was going to kill him, and eventually cutting him on the neck with a large knife, the affidavit says.
The man, who lives with Moore, also was stabbed in the back twice while trying to leave the house during an additional argument, the affidavit says.
Moore told deputies that she stabbed her boyfriend because of a phone call he received, adding that she “was tired of being messed over by him,” the affidavit says.
LSU police arrest man on obscenity
LSU police on Wednesday arrested a 65-year-old man accused of masturbating in his car while looking at nearby women twice in the past month.
Ronnie James Cousins, 655 North St., Apt. 611, was booked into Parish Prison on two counts of obscenity, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
On June 26, Cousins is accused of stopping his car in a parking lot, opening the driver-side door and exposing himself to a woman while masturbating, the affidavit says.
On July 27, a different woman reported seeing a man matching Cousins’ description sitting inside a maroon car and masturbating while looking at her.
Cousins told police that he has a problem and that selling his car would fix his problem.
Cousins has been arrested for obscenity 21 times since 1969, the affidavit says.
Lavender Drive fire caused by lightning
Lightning struck a two-story home on Friday night in the 8100 block of Lavender Drive, igniting a fire that took about 40 minutes to tame, said Capt. Derek Glover of the Central Fire Department.
Five people, including three children, escaped from the house during the fire without injury, Glover said.
The blaze, which began at 7:36 p.m., sparked a fire in the home’s attic, causing flames to erupt through the roof, Glover said.
Firefighters had to pull off sheetrock in an upstairs bedroom in order to extinguish the flames in the attic, Glover said.
The fire was under control shortly after 8:10 p.m., Glover said.
District 6 Fire Department, East Side Fire Department and Baton Rouge Fire Department assisted with the incident.
Authorities arrest 13 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 13 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Robert Blankenship, 29, 4715 Sprial Creek, San Antonio, second-offense DWI, barricade violation, reckless operation, fleeing or attempting to elude police and driver’s license not in possession.
- Asha Butler, 37, 14119 Azalea Park, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, vehicle registration required, insurance required, driver’s license not in possession, resisting an officer and reckless operation.
- David Desoto, 47, 2444 Lafiton Lane, Port Allen, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Christina Eads, 27, 17499 Deer Lake Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Kelsey Franklin, 22, 12699 Molly Lea Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- DeQuinten Glenn, 19, 8901 Boone Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of marijuana and reckless operation.
- Jessica Heroman, 27, 15614 Summerwood Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Ruth Ketcham, 24, 8200 S. Main St., Wilsonville Ala., first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Stephen LeBlanc, 29, 1188 Parlange Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and a seat belt violation.
- Chonda Moore, 29, 1344 N. 47th St., Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, a stop sign or yield sign violation, driver’s license suspended or revoked and reckless operation.
- Andrew Pizzalato, 28, 11170 Peaks Ave., Walker, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, resisting an officer, simple assault and reckless operation.
- Carla Rodriguez, 42, 3571 Bayou Circle, Longboat Key, Fla., first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- William Suydam, 50, 13627 Greenview Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and headlights required.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.