Two arrested in armed robbery
Baton Rouge police arrested two men Tuesday accused of robbing two people at gunpoint in an apartment June 26.
Police booked Brent Aucoin, 28, 3605 Poydras St., Erwinville, and Ashton Kilcrease, 19, 13064 Cypress St., Port Allen, into Parish Prison on counts of armed robbery, according to affidavits of probable cause.
On June 26, two men holding handguns entered an apartment at 2000 Brightside Drive and demanded two people hand over their cellphones and purses, the affidavit said.
The men left the apartment with the victims’ cellphones and some money, then fled in a black Chevrolet truck, the affidavit said.
Aucoin and Kilcrease told detectives they had gone to the apartment, but denied stealing anything, the affidavit said.
A witness reported seeing two men and a woman flee the scene in a truck, the affidavit says.
Poice search finds cache of marijuana
Police seized 23 pounds of marijuana Wednesday said to have a street level sale value of $50,000 and booked the resident of the Baton Rouge home where the drug was found.
Deondra Hoofin, 18, 646 N. 23rd St., was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on possession with intent to distribute marijuana, police spokesman Cpl. Don Coppola Jr. said.
The drugs were found after narcotics detectives, who had a search warrant, inspected the home, Coppola said.
The investigation is ongoing and more arrests are expected, Coppola said.
Twelve people booked on DWI
Authorities arrested at least 12 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Richard Childers, 28, 5055 Nicholson Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Amber Chopin, 20, 7332 Board Drive, Baton Rouge, underage DWI.
- Michael Hill, 51, 15344 Rhonda Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, failure to maintain control, reckless operation and vehicular negligent injuring.
- Warren Jackson, 27, 11416 Bard Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, speeding, possession of marijuana and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Kristen Landreneau, 20, 1410 Carolyn Sue Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, driving left of center, reckless operation and backing unsafely.
- Mary Lanes, 64, 731 N. 29th St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and reckless operation.
- Carlos Ozuna Jr., 31, 7608 Cobre Lane, Phara, Texas, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, simple obstruction of a highway and driver’s license not in possession.
- Cedric Raven, 38, 42037 Coontrap Road, Gonzales, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Chad Samuel, 37, 9712 Blakemore Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, equipment violation, disobeying a red light, improper lane usage and reckless operation.
- Kyzer Stewart, 40, 3919 Scarborough Drive, first-offense DWI, reckless operation, failure to signal while turning, and improper lane usage.
- Jason Ward, 26, 4910 Lancelot Drive, New Orleans, first-offense DWI.
- Katrina Washington, 29, 12527 Coursey Blvd., first-offense DWI, expired motor vehicle inspection, driving without a license and careless operation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.