BR police arrest
man in two robberies
A 26-year-old man accused of robbing two food stores earlier this month has been arrested.
Edwin Harvey, 26, 1012 Timberside Drive, was booked Monday with two counts of armed robbery, Baton Rouge police Cpl. L’Jean McKneely said Tuesday.
Harvey is accused of walking into Mom’s Seafood, 1792 N. Foster Drive, on July 7 and Quality Deli, 2534 N. Foster Drive, on July 9 with a handgun demanding money.
dies in EBR crash
Baton Rouge police are investigating a crash that killed a Denham Springs woman Monday evening.
Jackie Addison, 27, died at Central Thruway and South Choctaw Drive, police Cpl. L’Jean McKneely said.
Addison had been driving a 2000 Pontiac Montana minivan when she collided with an 18-wheeler as it turned left from Central Thruway onto South Choctaw Drive, Mc-Kneely said. The 18-wheeler had a green turn arrow at the time of the crash, McKneely said.
No charges are pending, McKneely said.
7 booked with DWI in EBR Parish Prison
Authorities arrested at least seven people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Sunday and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Diana Barkate, 51, 4013 Rivage Court, Metairie, first-offense DWI, simple escape, failure to maintain control/careless operation and possession of alcoholic beverage in vehicle.
- Karlee Browning, 31, 2632 S. Orth, Unit D, Gonzales, first-offense DWI, expired driver’s license and improper lane usage.
- Michael Collins, 23, 9781 Ave. K, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and speeding.
- Derwin Dorsay, 32, 315 Gladiolus St., Port Allen, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Clifton Ducksworth, 51, 4155 Essen Lane, Apt. 159, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, resisting an officer, reckless operation of a vehicle and open container violation.
- Caleb McKenzie, 27, 3131 Pauls Ave., Brusly, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, failure to signal/improper turn and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Matthew Teekel, 18, 30110 Corbin Ave., Walker, first-offense DWI, failure to signal/improper turn, possession of alcoholic beverage in vehicle and underage driving under the influence.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.