No one injured
in restaurant fire
An electrical malfunction in the buffet line caused a fire at Zoe’s Pizza on Monday, causing heat and smoke damage to the inside of the building.
Firefighters from the Central Fire Department arrived at the building, 14112 Greenwell Springs Road, at 11:11 p.m. and had the fire under control by 11:31 p.m., spokesman Capt. Derek Glover said.
No injuries were reported.
3 booked on counts
of DWI in EBR
Authorities arrested at least three people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including one man on a fifth-offense DWI — and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Monday and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Jermaine Bracken, 34, 4154 Manchester Lane, Glynn, fifth-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- June Haynes, 50, 17985 Old Baker Road, Baker, first-offense DWI and driving over a median.
- Evelyn Ramos, 18, 30950 Goldenrod St., Denham Springs, first-offense DWI and disobeying a control device.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.