Store clerk arrested
in theft of tickets
A convenience store clerk accused of stealing lottery tickets from her Florida Boulevard store earlier this month was arrested Monday.
Baton Rouge police booked Yolanda Morrison, 30, 3487 Clayton Drive, with theft and skimming of lottery proceeds, according to East Baton Rouge Parish Prison records.
According to an affidavit of probable cause, the store owner had video surveillance of Morrison taking lottery tickets without paying for them.
Morrison is then accused of scratching the tickets to see if they were winners, then either discarding the losers or removing cash from each register on the tickets that were winners.
During questioning, Morrison admitted to stealing the tickets and the money, according to the affidavit.
BR woman arrested
in attack on woman
A woman accused Monday of pushing her way into another woman’s home armed with a gun and striking her in the face with the weapon was arrested later in the day.
Juana Hernandez Licona, 45, 1854 Jasper Ave., Apt. D, was booked with home invasion and aggravated battery with a gun, East Baton Rouge Parish Prison records show.
According to the affidavit of probable cause, Licona forced her way into the victim’s home with a gun, hit her and told her to go upstairs to see if Licona’s husband was in the home.
Licona then hit the victim again with the gun, the affidavit said, and the victim ran out of the home.
Licona also chased the victim with the gun, the affidavit said, and hit her again in a residential parking lot.
Six people booked
with DWI in EBR
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Sunday and 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Carroll Banks, 66, 4416 Wells St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and driver’s license suspended/revoked.
- Robert Bowman, 46, 600 Felicity St., New Orleans, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and seat belt violation.
- Eddie Hargrove, 30, 6331 La. 73, Geismar, first-offense DWI, speeding, license plate switched and driver’s license suspended/revoked.
- Sara Kahao, 22, 10107 Runnymede Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Michael Lasalle, 20, 14436 Cottingham Court, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal/improper turn and improper lane usage.
- Malcom Payne, 46, 1763 Rosenwald Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.