Arrest made in Senette shooting
A man accused of shooting another man seven times in the legs on Senette Street last month was arrested Wednesday.
Kendell Morris, 31, 1349 Thomas H. Delpit Drive, was booked with attempted second-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon, East Baton Rouge Parish Prison records show.
The victim was riding a bicycle west on Senette Street on May 11 when Morris started shooting at the victim, according to an affidavit warrant.
The victim was first shot in the right leg before he fell from his bicycle and Morris continued to shoot at him. The victim was shot three times in his right leg and four times in the left leg, the affidavit states.
The victim told East Baton Rouge Parish deputies he knew Morris as “Lil Ken” from the neighborhood.
Man arrested in molestation of girl, 4
A 26-year-old man accused of molesting a 4-year-old girl was arrested Wednesday, following allegations brought a children’s advocacy group brought to the attention of authorities.
William David Baker, 2525 O’Neal Lane, was booked with molestation of a juvenile, East Baton Rouge Parish Prison records show.
Baker is accused of molesting the child approximately five times and telling her to keep it a secret, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
After first disclosing the alleged molestation to her grandparents in Texas, with whom she resides, the child was interviewed by investigators with a children’s advocacy center in Orange, Texas, the affidavit says. The center sent a transcript and recording of the interview to the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office, leading to Baker’s arrest.
Fire at vacant house considered arson
Arson was the cause of a Thursday morning fire that destroyed the back half of a vacant house on Enterprise Street just north of Evangeline Street.
Seven trucks responded to the 1:48 a.m. report of a fire at 5175 Enterprise Street, Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesman Curt Monte said.
No one was injured and there were no utilities connected to the home.
Firefighters were able to stop the blaze from spreading beyond the back of the home.
Anyone with information about the fire is asked to call investigators at (225) 354-1419.
of beating clerk
Baton Rouge police Thursday arrested a 30-year-old man accused of beating a convenience store clerk Wednesday night with a beer bottle and then fleeing on foot with three cartons of cigarettes.
Ronald Wyatt, 30, 10845 Ansley Ave., Baton Rouge, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on Thursday on counts of armed robbery, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Wyatt allegedly entered the Circle K store at 2205 South Sherwood Forest Blvd. around 4 p.m. Wednesday and asked a clerk behind the counter for $5, the affidavit says.
After the clerk refused, a scuffle ensued that led to Wyatt hitting the victim on the head multiple times with an unopened beer bottle that eventually shattered, cutting the man, the affidavit says.
Video surveillance captured the fight, which police used to apprehend Wyatt on Thursday, the affidavit says.
A arrest warrant shows that Wyatt was also wanted by the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office on counts of aggravated assault for allegedly attempting to hit his brother with a garden shovel on June 6.
Eight arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Jhade Green, 22, 6227 Crestway Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, headlights required and an improper window tint.
- Ian Lester, 30, 3221 Myrtle Grove, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI and failure to maintain control of a vehicle.
- Jason McFerrin, 21, 2005 E. Parlange St., Gonzales, second-offense DWI, speeding, reckless operation of a vehicle and driving with a suspended or revoked license.
- Brian Noble, 25, 1021 Briarridge Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, headlights required and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- James Patton, 21, 6323 Oak Cluster Drive, Greenwell Springs, first-offense DWI and disobeying a red light.
- Brenden Schillfarth, 27, 763 Jennifer Jean Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to signal and driving with a suspended or revoked license.
- Laurie Terrell, 49, 10887 S. Burgess Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle and headlights required.
- Jade Williams, 22, 3044 Casey Road, Las Vegas, Nev., first-offense DWI, motor vehicle inspection required, headlights required and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.