DWI arrests include 4th-offense booking
Authorities arrested at least nine people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including Kenneth Briggs of Baton Rouge on a fourth-offense DWI — and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Kenneth Briggs, 48, 6270 Greenwell Springs Road, Baton Rouge, fourth-offense DWI, driver’s license suspended/revoked, possession of marijuana, possession of alcohol in a vehicle, seat belt violation and registration commercial vehicles exemption.
- Eric Camardelle, 20, 910 Ben Hur Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and failure to maintain control.
- George Castle, 66, 9525 Vienna Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and possession of marijuana.
- Christy Day, 28, 14853 Joor Road, Zachary, first-offense DWI, possession of Schedule II drugs and possession of Schedule IV drugs.
- Cynthia Joubert, 42, 5910 Lower CC Road, Clinton, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and insurance required.
- Michelle Powell, 36, 5988 Randall Place, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Daniel Richard, 22, 1109 Elmeer Ave., Metairie, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control, hit-and-run and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Thomas Smith, 42, 1202 Park Blvd., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and failure to signal/improper turn.
- Cody Tregre, 25, 1828 Lafitte St., LaPlace, first-offense DWI and stop sign/yield sign violation.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.