BR man, 24, booked
in attack on woman
A Baton Rouge man accused of assaulting his girlfriend on April 30 in front of their child following an argument has been arrested.
Terrance Joseph Mitchell, 24, 7073 Caprice Drive, Baton Rouge, was booked Wednesday into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on counts of domestic abuse battery child endangerment, domestic abuse battery aggravated assault and simple criminal damage to property, prison records show.
While the victim and the couple’s 3-year-old daughter were in a parked car, Mitchell tried breaking through the driver’s side window with a knife, then chased the victim and the child into the house, spit on her and tackled her onto a sofa while holding the knife, according to an affidavit warrant.
Mitchell did not try to stab the victim or make threats that he would, the warrant says.
The victim kicked Mitchell off her and ran back into the car, at which time, he began jumping on the hood and windshield, the warrant says.
When Mitchell saw the victim calling 911, he ran inside, grabbed his daughter and ran away before sheriff’s deputies arrived, the warrant says.
The altercation began over the use of a cellphone and accusations of cheating, the warrant says.
Six arrested on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Wednesday and 2:30 p.m. Thursday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Gareng Aung, 29, 7878 LaSalle Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Yaw Nhkum, 29, 373 Community College Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and failure to maintain control/careless operation.
- Adam Prince, 31, 1074 Kennon Drive, Baker, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, reckless operation of a vehicle and driver’s license not in possession.
- Lionel Spann, 29, 7216 Richardson Loop St., Jackson, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Toni Tyler, 47, 18026 Judith Drive, Zachary, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Lester Williams, 61, 901 Barrington Drive, Baker, third-offense DWI.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.