BR man arrested in porn investigation
Investigators arrested a Baton Rouge man who admitted owning videos showing men raping children as young as 3, an arrest warrant says.
The state Attorney General’s Office on Friday arrested Richard Wells-Lightsey, 26, 1516 Sharlo Ave., on counts of pornography involving juveniles and unauthorized use of wireless to download pornography involving juveniles, arrest records show.
Investigators from the attorney general’s High Technology Crime Unit searched Wells-Lightsey’s home on Friday and found about 50 files involving child pornography, an affidavit of probable cause says.
An investigator viewed some of the videos and saw children between the ages of 3 and 8 being raped by men, the arrest warrant says.
Wells-Lightsey also admitted he downloaded child pornography at work, the warrant says.
Wells-Lightsey bailed out of Parish Prison on Friday on a $5,000 bond, a prison spokesman said.
Multiple suspects rob 2 victims at gunpoint
Baton Rouge police are investigating an armed robbery of two people Thursday night at River Road and West Roosevelt Street, a police spokesman said.
The two victims were walking in the area around 9:30 p.m. when four to five men and women attacked them and held them up at gunpoint, Cpl. Tommy Stubbs said.
The attackers took personal property from the victims before fleeing, Stubbs said.
The victims sustained minor injuries, Stubbs said.
Anyone with information about this incident can contact police at (225) 389-3845 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-STOP or (225) 344-7867.
Authorities book 14 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 14 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Terra Basham, 32, 17505 Jefferson Highway, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Brandon Frith, 35, 9467 Arlen Ave., Zachary, first-offense DWI, possession of alcohol in a vehicle and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Kimberly Gautreaux, 44, 7408 Meadowview Ave., first-offense DWI and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Jack Hano, 29, 30928 La. 43, Albany, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, following too close, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of alcohol in a vehicle, possession or distribution of legend drugs and possession of marijuana.
- Torey Kirby, 31, 1222 Myrtle St., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, drinking in a motor vehicle, driver’s license not in possession and one-way street violation.
- Jjeriko Lanada, 34, 1860 Boulevard de Province, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Ashley Merriett, 28, 2613 Toulon Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, speeding, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Harold Myers, 46, 35341 Will Allen Road, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, possession of alcohol in a vehicle, driver’s license suspended or revoked, and operating a vehicle while under suspension for a prior offense.
- Shannon Orth, 47, 450 Tate Road, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle, motor vehicle inspection required, insurance required, disobeying a traffic control device and license plate required.
- Kristen Pittman, 22, 37314 Greenwell Springs Road, Greenwell Springs, first-offense DWI.
- William Quirk, 27, 42385 Moody Dixon Road, Prairieville, first-offense DWI and driving left of center.
- Amy Stein, 43, 116 Collingswood Drive, Slaughter, first-offense DWI, and hit and run.
- Sharon Trexler, 47, 34987 Lotts Lane, Denham Springs, first-offense DWI.
- Carl Trim, 47, 1831 Nebraska St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, reckless operation of a vehicle and headlights required.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.