Mar 13, 2013 12:08 Fire damages Baker home Fire damages Baker home Baker-Zachary bureau March 13, 2013 Comments BAKER — A fire believed to have started in a garbage can under a carport caused about $15,000 in damage to a home Tuesday morning. Baker District Chief Howard Bonaventure said firefighters found smoke coming from the peak of the roof and two people using garden hoses to fight the fire under the carport at 1275 McHugh Road about 10 a.m. Firefighters vented the roof and were able to extinguish the blaze in about 15 minutes, Bonaventure said. The occupant of the house escaped without injury. A car parked under the carport also had some smoke damage. Bonaventure said the fire traveled up a wall from the garbage can and into the attic.