charged in shooting
East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s deputies Sunday arrested a 27-year-old man accused of shooting at two men on Broad Avenue, according to an arrest warrant.
Deputies were sent to 13855 Broad Ave., at about 1 p.m. after a man got into a fight with Eddie Jekori Taylor, the warrant says.
Another man broke up the fight, but Taylor went to his car and grabbed a gun, the warrant says.
Taylor fired several shots at the two men before leaving in a car, the warrant says.
Taylor, 13836 Broad Ave., was booked into Parish Prison on one count each of attempted second-degree murder and illegal use of a weapon.
Man booked with
obscenity in incident
Baton Rouge police Sunday arrested a 43-year-old man accused of exposing himself to a woman at her Old Hammond Highway home, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Drew Brown, 10926 Old Hammond Highway, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on one count of obscenity.
Brown, wearing a long, dark jacket and shoes, knocked at the victim’s door at 8:30 a.m. and asked for two paperclips because he had locked himself out of his home, the affidavit says.
After the woman gave Brown the paperclips, he said he was cold and was wearing only the jacket, the affidavit says.
Brown then opened his jacket and exposed himself before running away, the affidavit says.
Brown told police he received the paperclips but did not flash the woman, the affidavit says.
Five drivers booked
on EBR DWI counts
Authorities arrested at least five people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Sunday and 2:30 p.m. Monday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Michael Hebert, 20, 5232 Eudora Drive, Addis, first-offense DWI and headlights required.
- Tiffany Hinch, 33, 2214 Hickory Drive, Baker, first-offense DWI, speeding and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Paul Hussman, 17, 1825 Edgewood Drive, Prairieville, first-offense DWI, possession of marijuana, motor vehicle inspection required or expired, failure to register vehicle and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Mario Ramirez, 32, no address given, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to obey a stop sign or yield sign, driver’s license required, and operating a vehicle without a lawful presence in the United States.
- Daniel Toussaint, 30, 901 Pine St., Donaldsonville, first-offense DWI and driver’s license required.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.