Jan 20, 2013 00:05 Woman perishes in mobile home fire Woman perishes in mobile home fire Advocate staff report Jan. 20, 2013 Comments HAMMOND — A mobile home on Lincoln Lane caught fire and burned early Saturday, killing the 51-year-old woman occupant, the State Fire Marshal’s Office said. Firefighters responded to the fire at 19174 Lincoln Lane around 6:45 a.m., the Fire Marshal’s Office said in a news release. After extinguishing the blaze, authorities discovered Sonya Richardson’s remains in her bedroom, the release says. Investigators believe the fire started in the mobile home’s kitchen near the cook top and exhaust system, the release says. No evidence of arson or criminal activity was found at the scene, but the investigation will continue, the release says. The Tangipahoa Parish Coroner’s Office has scheduled an autopsy to determine Richardson’s cause of death and to positively identify the remains as those of Richardson, the release says. Investigators determined the mobile home was equipped with smoke alarms, but they are not sure if the alarms were functional at the time of the fire, the release says.