Police seek robber
of College Drive store
Baton Rouge police are looking for a man who robbed the Hobby Lobby craft store on College Drive at gunpoint Saturday night, a police spokesman said.
The man walked into the store at 8:35 p.m. brandishing a gun and demanded money, Cpl. L’Jean McKneely said in a news release.
The man grabbed an undisclosed amount of money and left in a dark colored, late model Toyota Corolla, McKneely said.
The robber is described as a 20 to 25-year-old black male with long braids, McKneely said. He was seen wearing a red bandana, black hooded sweatshirt with light blue sleeves, light colored blue jeans, and black or white Nike shoes.
Anyone with information on this robbery is asked to contact police at (225) 389-3845 or Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-STOP.
Authorities arrest 15 suspected of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 15 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge, including one person for a fourth-offense DWI, and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Chase Carpenter, 29, 13944 Lovett Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and operating a vehicle while under suspension for prior offense.
- Jeremy Chavis, 22, 5445 Hickory Ridge Road, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Carlous James, 41, 1748 Mary Lou Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and driver's license suspended/revoked.
- Ryan Kyjar, 18, 524 Nancy Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- David Lauve, 22, 11451 Cotton Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and motor vehicle inspection required.
- James Ledbetter, 33, 4705 Inniswold Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Reuben Mims, 48, 2014 N. Little John Drive, Baton Rouge, third-offense DWI, obstruction of a public highway, reckless operation, resisting and officer, flight from an officer and possession of an alcohol in vehicle.
- Jordan Ohmer, 22, 3614 Highway 1, Napoleonville, first-offense DWI, driving left of center, reckless operation, disobeying a red light, resisting an officer and flee to elude police.
- Juan Salgado, 30, 4047 N. Ridge Way, Ross, Ga., first-offense DWI, reckless operation, license plate required and motor vehicle inspection required.
- Mark Seal, 46, 882 Greenwell Springs Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and failure to maintain control.
- Duston Stacia, 28, 9645 Meadowdale Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, license plate switched, speeding and insurance required.
- Joyce Sutton, 44, 6752 Titan, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Bryce Swanson, 18, 5151 Highland Road, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Sixto Tejeda-Reyes, 33, 1711 Mast Ave., Baton Rouge, fourth-offense DWI, driver’s license required and driving over the median.
- Matthew Wise, 28, 1353 Jim Taylor Drive, first-offense DWI, license plate required, driver’s license suspended and motor vehicle information required.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.