Teen wounded in robbery booked
A 17-year-old, who was shot and hospitalized when he allegedly tried to rob a stranded motorist at gunpoint, was arrested Saturday by Baton Rouge Police, booking records show.
Damien Lamar Mullens, 2849 Ontario Drive, No. 11, was arrested on a count of attempted armed robbery and is being held in Parish Prison on $50,000 bail, booking records show.
The following information was taken from the warrant for his arrest and information provided earlier by police:
Mullens and a 16-year-old co-defendant found the motorist Dec. 11 at about 9:15 p.m. in the 2400 block of North Acadian Thruway West. Mullens pulled a handgun and demanded the victim’s money.
When the victim, a 40-year-old man, tried to disarm Mullens, they struggled over Mullens’ handgun. The two tumbled into the man’s car where the victim grabbed his own gun and fired a shot, striking Mullens in the side.
Mullens and the 16-year-old ran to a friend’s home in the 3200 block of Duke Street, where a resident called police.
Mullens and the juvenile first told officers that they were victims of a drive-by shooting. However, the juvenile later admitted his role in the attempted robbery, and named Mullens as his accomplice.
Police book man
A teenager accused of molesting a 5-year-old boy was arrested Friday by the East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office, booking records show.
Demetria Walker, 17, was supposed to be minding the child Saturday while a woman was away from the house, an arrest affidavit says.
When the woman returned at 11 a.m. Friday, she found Walker getting dressed. When asked where the child was, Walker said he didn’t know and bolted from the home, the affidavit says.
The woman found the 5-year-old in a bedroom closet getting dressed, the affidavit says.
During an investigation, sheriff’s deputies learned that Walker molested the child while the two were alone.
Walker was in Parish Prison Sunday on counts of sexual battery and molestation of a juvenile, booking records show. His bond is set at $50,000.
Authorities arrest 10 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 10 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish — including a man arrested on a fourth-offense DWI — and booked them into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Debra Celestin, 43, 5532 N. Swonden Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI.
- Jordan Debate, 21, 11480 George Lambert Road, St. Amant, first-offense DWI, equipment violation and motor vehicle inspection required.
- Christopher Desselle, 25, 9517 Kewel Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Glenn Guidry, 55, 5281 Underwood Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Matthew Harding, 31, 18179 Pride Baywood Road, Greenwell Springs, fourth-offense DWI.
- Brandon Mayeaux, 30, 16039 W. Lakeport Court, Prairieville, first-offense DWI and reckless operation.
- Anthony Neal, 44, 7012 N. Buttonwood Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Conrad Sulzer, 28, 855 Seyburn Court, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and driver’s license suspended/revoked.
- Christopher Vaccaro, 26, 764 Wylie St., Zachary, first-offense DWI, reckless operation and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Derek White, 42, Lucilla Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.