Dec 13, 2012 15:58 Baker home fire under investigation Baker home fire under investigation Baker-Zachary bureau Dec. 13, 2012 Comments BAKER — The Baker Fire Department is continuing an investigation into the cause of a fire that damaged a residence at 1008 Sinbad St. on Tuesday night, a department spokesman said. Firefighters arrived at the home shortly before 8 p.m. and found heavy smoke and flames coming from the living room of the home, which was occupied by nine people, Ward said. The fire spread into the attic, but, after determining everyone had gotten out of the building, firefighters were able to keep it from spreading through the entire structure, Ward said. Firefighters estimated the blaze caused $85,000 in damage. A faulty fireplace is a possible cause of the fire, but it remains under investigation, Ward said. The American Red Cross was called to assist the family.