House fire causes $120,000 in damage
The Baton Rouge Fire Department put out a Saturday morning house fire that caused about $120,000 in damage, a news release said.
Spokesman Barry Mounce said firefighters who responded to a call at 8:23 a.m. at 5216 Sycamore St. had the blaze contained by 8:45 a.m.
According to the release, the fire may have started in the rear bedroom. It caused extensive damage throughout the house the release said.
No injuries were reported.
Six booked on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Robert Andrews, 51, 18341 Ferry Lane, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and motor vehicle inspection sticker expired.
- Hayden Cassidy, 20, 228 W. Kenilworth Parkway, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana and careless driving.
- Jon Giles, 25, 5437 Quail Creek Drive, Tyler, Texas, second-offense, careless driving, fleeing to elude police, resisting an officer, improper lane usage and drinking in a motor vehicle.
- Hayley Hanson, 20, 245 Clara Drive, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of vehicle and driver’s license required/expired.
- Herbert Leonard, 54, 4306 Country Road, Bourg, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Kennieth O’Connor, 54, P.O. Box 14 Hall Road, Pride, first-offense DWI, no proof of insurance, license plate required and following too close.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.