on break-in at Target
Two men are accused of breaking into the Millerville Road Target store on Sept. 24 and stealing eight iPads valued at more than $3,000, according to an East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office news release.
According to reports, the men, who appeared to be familiar with the store, got inside after closing around 1:30 a.m. by throwing a piece of concrete through the front door glass.
Both men ran straight to the iPad display case, shattering it before stealing the devices, according to the release.
The suspects were last seen driving a silver-colored GMC Acadia or Envoy with a sunroof.
Anyone with information about this incident or the identity of the suspects is asked to contact the Sheriff’s Office at (225) 389-5000 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at (225) 344- STOP or (225) 344-7867.
in theft of wallet
East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s detectives are looking for a woman accused of stealing a wallet from a local insurance company on Bluebonnet Boulevard on Sept. 10, according to a Sheriff’s Office news release.
According to reports, the victim said her wallet was stolen from her purse during a meeting at her office. Three unknown women met with the victim at the end of the day, and the victim noticed her wallet was missing after the meeting, according to the release.
The victim’s credit cards were used to make multiple purchases at the Mall of Louisiana and other businesses totaling $1,554.39.
The suspect is a black woman who was wearing a leopard print and white top. The vehicle is described at a newer model red Toyota Camry with an unknown Arkansas license plate, according to the release.
Anyone with information about this incident or the identity of the suspect is asked to contact the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office at (225) 389-5000. Crime Stoppers is also offering a cash reward for anyone with information leading to the arrest of those responsible. Contact Crime Stoppers anonymously at (225) 344-STOP or (225) 344-7867.
Authorities book 9 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least nine people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Dustin Andrus, 32, 10751 Cardinal Road, Denham Springs, second-offense DWI, improper lane usage and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Jason Bangs, 25, 433 Longwood Court, Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Keith Bayard, 55, 1615 Glenmore Ave., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, failure to maintain control and possession of alcohol in a vehicle.
- Daniel Brown, 29, 3055 Iroquois St., Baton Rouge, first-offense DWI and stop lamps and turn signals required on new vehicle.
- Luke Ducote, 37, 7601 Anchor Drive, Ventress, second-offense DWI and possession of alcohol in a vehicle.
- Joseph Graham, 30, 7845 S. Candlestick Lane, Midvale, Utah, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Jeremiah Kraus, 35, 33419 Duff Road, Walker, first-offense DWI and required tail lamps.
- William McGrew, 43, 4347 N. Sherwood Forest Drive, Baton Rouge, second-offense DWI, operating a vehicle while under suspension for prior offense, stop sign, yield sign and improper lane usage.
- Brandy Price, 26, 1123 W. Handcock Drive, Deltona, Fla., first-offense DWI.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225)388-0369.