Man, 40, booked in relationship with girl
Police arrested a 40-year-old man accused of having sex with a 16-year-old girl in a car behind a business on North 12th Street, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
Silvester Lethermon Jr., 447 Steele Blvd. Apt. 9, was booked into Parish Prison on Saturday on one count of carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
Police were investigating a robbery in the 300 block of North 12th Street when they found a vehicle in a dark area behind a closed business nearby, the affidavit says.
When an officer flashed a light at the vehicle, they found Lethermon in the car with the teenager, the affidavit says.
The girl told authorities that she and Lethermon “had been involved in a sexual relationship for months,” and that Lethermon know she was 16, the affidavit says.
Authorities book 16 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least 16 people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Logan Cantelli, 20, 417 Monsanto Ave., Luling, first-offense DWI, U-turn limitations and improper turn.
- Michael Carter, 22, 14853 Joor Road, Zachary, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Kaitlin Crane, 18, 400 Ben Hur Road, first-offense DWI.
- Kelly Downey, 27, 1248 W. Azalea Park Drive, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required and stopping a vehicle in a roadway.
- Shannon Evans, 39, 2424 Harding Blvd., first-offense DWI, failure to maintain control and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Oscar Gaitan, 32, 5332 223rd St., Gretna, first-offense DWI, proof of insurance required, operating a vehicle without a lawful presence in the U.S., possession of alcohol in a vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Alexi Grass, 18, 121 Rhett Lane, Montz, first-offense DWI.
- Kevin Harrison, 34, 1900 Blount Road, first-offense DWI and failure to obey a stop sign or yield sign.
- Courtney Jones, 21, 777 Ben Hur Road, first-offense DWI.
- Nikkie Lagroue, 19, 9412 Shady Bluff Drive, first-offense DWI.
- Blake Lamendola, 18, 1531 S. Green Lane, Lake Charles, first-offense DWI.
- Neal Lavin, 20, 613 Wendy Lane, River Ridge, first-offense DWI.
- Michael Lovelady, 32, 9442 Hooper Road, Central, first-offense DWI, registration on motor vehicle expired, reckless operation of a vehicle, motor vehicle inspection required or expired and open container public drinking.
- Joseph Marple, 33, 13001 Whit Holden Road, Walker, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
- Gina Roussel, 30, 8155 Jefferson Highway, first-offense DWI and speeding.
- Jonathon Whittle, 22, 4556 Cypress St., Zachary, first-offense DWI and reckless operation of a vehicle.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.