September 04, 2012
of sexual battery
Deputies arrested a man and woman Friday after the couple was accused of committing sexual battery on a 7-year-old child.
Erik D. Thibodeaux, 30, 3024 Millerville Road, is alleged to have committed the battery on the child while Thibodeaux’s girlfriend watched, according to an East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office arrest affidavit.
Thibodeaux was booked by the Sheriff’s Office on one count of sexual battery, while Leslie Michelle Bishop, 32, 9005 Pecan Tree Drive, was booked on a count of being an accessory after the fact.
The allegations were brought to the attention of the Sheriff’s Office by the boy’s father in July. Thibodeaux and Bishop were arrested on Friday after Thibodeaux failed to show up for a polygraph test and avoided attempts by the Sheriff’s Office to contact him.
EBR authorities book 6 with DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated — including a man booked with fifth-offense DWI — in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 2:30 p.m. Saturday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Leon Albritton, 55, 2655 Stevendale Road, second-offense DWI, operating a vehicle while driver’s license suspended, driver’s license required, insurance required and failure to transfer registration.
- Lonnie Edmond, 63, 9438 Dorchester Road, first-offense DWI, improper lane usage, failure to signal and operating a vehicle while driver’s license suspended.
- Jerald George, 30, 367 W. McKinley St., first-offense DWI and obstruction of a public highway.
- Robert Jenkins, 42, 2226 S. Darla St., Gonzales, second-offense DWI and following too close.
- Jami Middelton, 23, 2651 Count St., Port Allen, first-offense DWI, drinking in a motor vehicle and improper lane usage.
- Crisanto Rodriguez, 46, 3034 Tallum St., fifth-offense DWI, driver’s license required, reckless operation of a vehicle and hit-and-run.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.