Second man charged in Tigerland shooting
A second man was arrested Friday in the Tigerland area shooting of an 18-year-old man who remained on life support late Friday, Baton Rouge police said.
An affidavit of probable cause says Dedrick Brown, 24, and a co-defendant knocked on the victim’s apartment door at 4707 Tigerland Ave. Tuesday night wearing Domino’s Pizza uniforms and carrying a pizza box with Brown’s name and phone number left inside the apartment.
Brown had worked for Domino’s in 2010, the affidavit says.
The men shot the victim in the face over “drugs and robbery,” police spokesman Cpl. L’Jean McKneely said.
Brown, 4305 Chapeau Drive, Baker, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on a count of attempted first-degree murder, booking records show.
The co-defendant, George Triplett, 22, 413 Elmer St., was booked into Parish Prison on Thursday on a count of attempted first-degree murder.
Police charge man
in girlfriend’s attack
Baton Rouge police arrested a 20-year-old man accused of picking up his live-in girlfriend Thursday, slamming her onto the floor and holding her at gunpoint for several hours, according to an affidavit of probable cause.
The victim said she and Aaron Rashaun Williams argued about sex and she believes “he will kill her and her 3-year-old son,” who was present, the next time the couple fights, the affidavit says.
Williams, 4618 Alvin Dark, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on counts of domestic abuse battery, false imprisonment with a dangerous weapon and aggravated assault with a firearm.
Authorities book six on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least six people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 p.m. Friday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Joshua Book, 28, 6802 Barrow Hill Drive, first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, disobeying a red light and proof of insurance required.
- Randon Brockway, 25, 21301 John Holder Road, first-offense DWI.
- Lisa Dempsey, 29, 12527 Coursey Blvd., second-offense DWI.
- William Eldredge, 37, 9413 W. Damuth Drive, first-offense DWI and insurance required.
- Evan Fiandt, 25, 7647 Claret Ave., second-offense DWI.
- Kimberly Yorke, 23, 12654 Hitchens Lane, Clinton, first-offense DWI, speeding and driver’s license suspended or revoked.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.