August 01, 2012
Police arrest nine
on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least nine people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Richard Baray, 41, 17024 Ashton Ave., Central, second-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle, driver’s license suspended or revoked and unnecessary noise.
- Elmore Cage, 21, 10012 El Camino Ave., first-offense DWI and careless driving.
- Jose Canales, 32, 9228 Florida Blvd., first-offense DWI, speeding and driver’s license required.
- Cody Ficklin, 18, 45039 Butch Gore Road, St. Amant, first-offense DWI, parking where prohibited and improper turn.
- Olvin Herrera Flores, 27, 9895 Florida Blvd., first-offense DWI, speeding, driver’s license required, reckless operation and improper lane usage.
- Miguel Godinez, 41, 10874 Leton Ave., first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Errol Portis, 39, 5141 Hammond St., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and driver’s license suspended/revoked.
- Dalton Smith 50, 104 Gerriewood Lane, Lafayette, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Ray Tennart, 46, 6775 St. Ann Ave., first-offense DWI, reckless operation of a vehicle and hit and run.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.