BRCC police arrest
Baton Rouge Community College police arrested a 24-year-old man Friday accused of robbing a woman on the college’s campus in July 2011, according to an arrest warrant.
The victim told police she had just parked on the northwest side of campus on July 14, 2011, when Christopher M. Jackson approached her and demanded her purse, the warrant says.
The victim initially refused to give up her purse, but Jackson pulled out a handgun, the warrant says.
Jackson grabbed the purse from the woman and ran away before entering a car waiting for him on Community College Drive, the warrant says.
Police found a pair of slippers at the scene, which the State Police Crime Lab later confirmed belonged to Jackson, the warrant says.
The victim also told police she believed Jackson and another man followed her to campus from a Subway restaurant on Government Street because she remembered seeing them at the fast food location, the warrant says.
Police observed surveillance footage from the restaurant and saw the woman, Jackson and the other man in the video, the warrant says. Jackson could be seen wearing the slippers in the video, the warrant says.
Jackson, 250 N. 14th St., Port Allen, was booked into Parish Prison on one count of armed robbery.
of hitting child
Police arrested a 28-year-old woman Sunday accused of hitting a 6-year-old girl numerous times between May 19 and May 29, according to an arrest warrant.
Erica Jonelle Davis, 1303 N. 29th St., was booked into Parish Prison on one count of cruelty to a juvenile.
The victim told police that Davis would “whip” her when she started crying and would grab her by the arms and pinch her, the warrant says.
On one occasion, Davis grabbed the girl by the neck, lifted her off the ground and held her against a door in an effort to choke her, the warrant says.
Photographs of the girl taken at a hospital show abrasions on the right side of her face and her upper right arm, the warrant says.
Authorities arrest 8 on suspicion of DWI
Authorities arrested at least eight people suspected of driving while intoxicated in East Baton Rouge Parish and booked them into Parish Prison between 2:30 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, booking records show.
Those booked and the counts against them:
- Erica Deleon, 29, 30490 U.S. 190, Lacombe, first-offense DWI, headlights required and driving the wrong way on a one-way street.
- Kenneth Hasty, 52, 33054 Kerrie Lane, Watson, first-offense DWI.
- Ashley Hicks, 25, 8681 Old Hermitage Parkway, first-offense DWI, driver’s license required, insurance required, driving left of center and driver’s license class restriction.
- Jacob Mounce, 24, 13896 Beaver Bend Road, first-offense DWI, operating a vehicle while under suspension for a prior offense, tail lamps required and improper lane usage.
- Philip Ruizdechavez, 25, 4311 Convention St., first-offense DWI, registration on motor vehicle expired, motor vehicle inspection required or expired, and speeding.
- Evgeniya Salenok, 20, 2875 Redich Road, Eunice, first-offense DWI and improper lane usage.
- Jeff Scott, 51, 12625 Coursey Blvd., first-offense DWI, driver’s license not in possession, failure to maintain control and reckless operation of a vehicle.
- Lonnie Spooner, 53, 638 N. 38th St., first-offense DWI and failure to yield.
Compiled from staff reports. To talk to a crime reporter at The Advocate, call (225) 388-0369.